Read the Movie discussion

General > My List

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Here is a list of books I've read after seeing the movie first (movie or subject is in parenthesis):

1. Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi (Goodfellas); loved both
2. Small Sacrifices by Ann Rule (about Diane Downs); movie was cheesy (Farrah Fawcett was the lead), but it was a made-for-tv. Enjoyed book although the beginning was tedious.
3. Riding in Cars with Boys (movie of same name); I thought the book was dull compared to the movie. The movie was hilarious.
4. Thing of beauty: Gia (Gia; on HBO); Enjoyed both.
5. Brokeback Mountain (same title); both ok
6. Atonement (same title); book was hard for me, but still good -- enjoyed movie.
7. Catch me if you Can; loved the movie, book ok
8. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene (same name) -- liked both.
9. Bridget Jones' Diary -- enjoyed movie, book was ok (quick read though).
10. The Hours -- Enjoyed both.
11. See Jane Date -- movie is silly chick flick; book ok.
12. Hell Hath No Fury by Bryna Taubman (about Betty Broderick) -- was a cheesy Lifetime movie; book was decent, although started dragging a bit when discussing trial.
13. The Love Letter by Cathleen Schine -- enjoyed both.
14. The Great Gatsby -- currently reading (saw the version with Robert Redford.)

message 2: by Henry (last edited Mar 06, 2013 11:54PM) (new)

Henry Avila (henryavila) | 3 comments 1 The Bridge Of San Luis Rey 2 The Hunt for Red October
3 Maltese Falcon
4 Damnation Alley
5 Gone With the Wind ...a small sample of movies & books

message 3: by Pam (last edited May 08, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Pam Williams | 5 comments My favorite book to movie (so far)is The Invention of Hugo Cabret. It is the rare case that I enjoyed the movie even more than the book (and I love the book.) Part of this is that is was so easy to transfer the drawings into the visuals of the film, at least for Martin Scorsese.

Some of my other favorites are Sense and Sensibility ,Pride and Prejudice, Gone with the Wind,The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I enjoy books to movies even when they disappoint me. It's interesting to see someone else's take on my imagining of the book.