2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Group Info > Got a Question?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11419 comments Mod
Something not clear? Just ask and we’ll do our best to help.

message 2: by Creative Orange (last edited Jun 30, 2018 02:07AM) (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Just few interview-like questions.

What is 2-3-4 Challenge about?

How did you feel when the group was featured?

Are you surprised that the group has now ended up with over 300 members?

Are there any highs and lows of what might happen in the future for this group?

Have you told your friends outside Goodreads about this group? If so, how did they feel about it?

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

May I ask why you’re asking these questions?

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I was just curious. Because the group has grown so much.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2816 comments As a group member, I can say that the 2-3-4 Group is pretty loosely structured. We have a wide range of favorite genres represented and the books we read as a group are discussed, vigorously. I just the group to focus my reading time and stay on track with series that I start and want to remember when I need a book to read.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Whenever I'm out shopping and see a good deal on a book I just have to buy it. Especially if it's one on my TBR list. My problem is that I constantly buy books that I already own. I have most marked as owned on Goodreads, but I don't see it when I pull the book up on the app. Anyone have any suggestions?

message 7: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 04, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

I do two things when I add a book to my shelf on GR that I own. I complete the fields for owning the book and I also note that in the private notes section. It’s much easier to see than having to go to My Books to see the data.

FYI, I also use my browser instead of the app.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Jonetta wrote: "I do two things when I add a book to my shelf on GR that I own. I complete the fields for owning the book and I also note that in the private notes section. It’s much easier to see than having to g..."

Thank you!

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Trekker wrote: "Does the Dark series by Christine Feehan need to be read in order? Just picked up #12 at a library sale."

Trekker, I haven’t read the series but someone posed the question to the author and here’s her response:

https://www.goodreads.com/questions/1...

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

You’re welcome!

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2816 comments I created individual shelves in order to keep track of the books in more detail than just the "Want to Read" shelf. I've got the following shelves:

books to buy
kindle-own
library
print-copy

This way I know if I should buy a book or not.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Does anyone know where I can find The Assassin and the Princess and The Assassin and the Captain by Sarah J. Maas?

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "Does anyone know where I can find The Assassin and the Princess and The Assassin and the Captain by Sarah J. Maas?"

I can’t find these titles named anywhere. Where are you seeing them listed?

message 14: by Melissa (last edited Oct 01, 2018 05:33PM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Jonetta wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Does anyone know where I can find The Assassin and the Princess and The Assassin and the Captain by Sarah J. Maas?"

I can’t find these titles named anywhere. Where are you seeing t..."

FictFact has them listed as book 1.1 and 1.2. I couldn't find them on the authors web page either, so it may not be correct.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Does anyone know where I can find The Assassin and the Princess and The Assassin and the Captain by Sarah J. Maas?"

I can’t find these titles named anywhere. Where ..."

I’ve submitted a request to have the series list corrected. Perhaps the author did some renaming when she reorganized the novellas. Whatever the case, they cannot be found anywhere.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Jonetta wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Does anyone know where I can find The Assassin and the Princess and The Assassin and the Captain by Sarah J. Maas?"

I can’t find these titles named ..."

Good to know. I hate missing books, even novellas, in a series. Thanks, Jonetta!

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

You’re welcome!

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

FYI, just got a notification from FictFact and they’ve corrected the series by removing those books.

https://www.fictfact.com/series/19941...

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Jonetta wrote: "FYI, just got a notification from FictFact and they’ve corrected the series by removing those books.

https://www.fictfact.com/series/19941..."

Great! Thanks!

message 20: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1211 comments This saves me the trouble of searching for those stories :)
I also noticed them on fictfact, but hadn't searched for them yet.

message 21: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1211 comments We are reading the last book in the Throne of Glass series this month (although I probably won’t get to it this month). Are we starting a new series as a group after this month?

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

I was just thinking about that yesterday. Thanks for weighing in.

Let me put up a topic for input.

message 23: by evofox (new)

evofox (brycereads) | 9 comments out of curiosity what exactly are an individual series list? how do they work? keep seeing notifications in emails and group messages but can not work out what exactly they are or how they work. sorry if there is info somewhere that i have missed but any answer would be helpful. thanks in advance

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Bryce, here’s the link to our topic on How the Group Works, which should provide details. Let us know if you still have questions.