North Vagolinians discussion

What We're Reading > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (puresurplus) | 121 comments Mod
Tell us what you're reading. It doesn't have to be VF related.

message 3: by Amber (last edited Jul 31, 2014 12:47PM) (new)

The Silmarillion #NerdistBookClub

Vampires in the Lemon Grove: Stories, random library read.

Timebound, NC author and free with Kindle Unlimited trial.

+ several others that are paused at the moment.

message 4: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Timebound I am in the middle of!!! Yay! I got it for free through the Kindle First thingymajig. My father keeps telling me to read The Silmarillion but I haven't gotten around to it. There are so many other books out there that keep getting in the way!!!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments Kushiels Chosen

message 6: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Jessica wrote: "Kushiels Chosen "

Is that any good?

message 7: by Amber (last edited Aug 02, 2014 04:04PM) (new)

That series has been recommended to me several times, but I haven't read it yet.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments so far I actually like it better than the first one

message 9: by Amber (last edited Aug 03, 2014 08:47AM) (new)

I just started Joss Whedon: The Biography, and it's amazing!

Also, reading Etiquette & Espionage and Guy in Real Life as well as Fool's Assassin this month.

message 10: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Well, that makes you a super reader!!! :D

message 11: by Amber (new)

I read A LOT. Probably more than I should. Basically, I don't get anything else done around the house! Heh, heh.

message 12: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
Yeah I don't get anything done around the house either. But I stream games on Twitch and I do a lot of MMORPG stuff. It gets in the way of my reading time. :P

message 13: by Amber (new)

I was once completely obsessed with Neverwinter but haven't played now for months. My guild is probably wondering where I am!

message 14: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons death management which is book 2 in a series. A friend of mine is the author!

I also just started Outlander

message 15: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
@Naqa, do you recommend that book series? I know it's your friend that is the author, but as a non-biased reader, do you like it? I love up and coming authors and I might be apt to buying it if it's worth the read.

message 16: by Amber (new)

I hope to start Outlander... someday.

message 17: by Livana (new)

Livana | 52 comments Mod
I hope you can get in to it soon! Would love to get your take on it. My friend spoiled something for me yesterday and I was sadly disappointed but I hope it makes itself better!

message 18: by Amber (new)

There are currently 13 books in my currently reading slot! Yes, I am actually reading them all at the same time. I have attention issues...

message 19: by Amber (new)

Eleanor is a real page turner, and I'm enjoying it immensely!

message 20: by Amber (new)

Also, if you haven't read Shadows of Asphodel, it's AMAZEBALLS! I added it to the VF poll, but (of course) it didn't win.

message 21: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Livana, I think it's an interesting read. All his books are medical murder mysteries. He is a real MD, so he draws a lot off of real occurrences that happened during his time in the hospital. I find the stories interesting, but he is still developing as an author, so I won't place them in my absolute favorite list. Often, he has them on sale for $0.99 for the kindle editions, so it's worth keeping a browse, especially if you like action packed murder mysteries. :)

message 22: by Amber (new)

Currently Reading: Landline (hasn't grabbed me yet even though I adore Rainbow Rowell), Trial by Fire (another book club read & so far not impressed), listening to The Legend of Drizzt: The Collected Stories (Felicia is an awesome narrator! Ice T... not so much), just starting Authority (loved the first book) and The Cuckoo's Calling (another book club read that I'm not sure about yet).

message 23: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons I read the first 6 Legend of Drizzt books. They were my husband's favorite books growing up, and we have them, so I wanted to see a glimpse into his former world. I enjoyed them, but they weren't in my absolute favorite category. However, I did really, really love Homeland. I thought it was the best of the 6. Maybe because he kinda created everything down there on his own, without really drawing from other lores and past stories and such. I dunno. I really loved the world of Menzoberranzan.

message 24: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Right now I'm at about 65% of A Discovery of Witches and counting rapidly. It took me awhile to get into the book, so I'm super behind. I downloaded this month's alt and read a few pages, but I think I'm going to shuffle through DoW first, then see if I can catch up or skip the Oct. I'm just kinda curious what happens.

message 25: by Amber (new)

I didn't even attempt the ALT last month, as there was a lot of hate spewed upon the forums. I may still eventually read it, just not sure when. This month's MAIN is time-travel-ish so will definitely give it a go!

message 26: by Cas (new)

Cas (elventempest) | 1 comments I have to say the alt of last month I read prior to it being picked, and it was amazing. I really don't understand the dislike for it. :( but everyone has their taste levels! This is the 2nd month I've read both picks already before they were chosen and man it's boring! I'm working on lena dunhams book... Which is actually not very interesting. And I've been into my comics but I would love to get invested into another series. I'm way too picky lately.

message 27: by Amber (last edited Oct 18, 2014 06:17AM) (new)

I'm reading the 2nd book of the Southern Reach trilogy. It's not romance but very sci-fi... and weird! Kind of an eco-thriller?

Annihilation (Southern Reach Trilogy, #1) by Jeff VanderMeer Authority (Southern Reach Trilogy, #2) by Jeff VanderMeer Acceptance (Southern Reach Trilogy, #3) by Jeff VanderMeer