Dystopian Society discussion

Announcements > Chainge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean Good Day all,
Fairly new to this. Just finishing up the MS for my first book, a dystopian with a 1984 feel, titled Chainge. Hope to publish 5 November. Please follow me on twitter at kendean10 and like my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Progressive17
Thanks!

Ken

message 2: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Henderson (breakfastbutty) What's an MS? I think it was none of the things that came up when I googled it! :)

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean Manuscript

message 4: by D.elliott (new)

D.elliott | 5 comments Are you going to get a blurb on the page Ken?

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean on this page or the facebook page? I'm new to this so any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Ken

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean D.elliott wrote: "Are you going to get a blurb on the page Ken?"
I replied to all, this is new to me. I see you're from the UK, I'm originally from London, east end, the Crawley, Sussex, now in the US

message 7: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Brandes (nadinebrandes) | 36 comments Ken, can you write up a paragraph or two on what the book's about? The cover looks pretty cool, I'd love some more details.

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean Chainge overview:
The people have been divided into the Servers and the Served. The Served live in luxury and bliss in domed cities called Progressives. The Servers are housed outside the Progressives in concentration style camps called tenements. The book follows the changes within a Server named Blair Huxley, or Hux, who comes to realize the system is flawed.
Ken

message 9: by D.elliott (new)

D.elliott | 5 comments Here's fine Ken, but yes definitely on your page too - as the image is great but I was wanting a little bit more: certainly a blurb and perhaps even a few snippets from the book.

message 10: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean Absolutely, good idea. Thanks.

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken Dean Good Day all,
My name is Ken Dean. I’m fairly new to Goodreads, newer to the group. I am somewhat of an aspiring author with a fondness for dystopian literature. I have my first novel all but completed with a tentative release date of the 5th of November (remember, remember). The book is entitled, Chainge. It is along the lines of a 1984 meets Brave New World, meets Anthem. I have a facebook page dedicated to the book, www.facebook.com/progressive17. I offer ‘Chainge’ inspired items as my page ‘like’ count increases. Currently a ‘Chainge’ mug will be sent to a random page follower once I reach 300 ‘likes.’ Future give-aways will include free e-books, autographed copies, bumper stickers, and additional mugs. Please ‘like’ and ‘share’ my page and I will be more than happy to reciprocate and ‘share’ your page if you let me know you’ve ‘shared’ mine. I look forward to being a part of the group and appreciate your help in getting the word out. Thanks!
Ken