Into the Water Into the Water discussion

The ending... help me cope!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor DeLong So I basically read Into the Water in it's entirety yesterday. I am still having whiplash about the ending... literally the last sentence. It all seems so surreal and I am having a hard time believing it. What do you think?

Angelic I'm confused as to why he did it...it were a few plot holes in the book.

Taylor DeLong Angelic wrote: "I'm confused as to why he did it...it were a few plot holes in the book."

I agree. I enjoyed her last novel I read - this one seemed a little off-kilter, though good.

Angelic Taylor wrote: "Angelic wrote: "I'm confused as to why he did it...it were a few plot holes in the book."

I agree. I enjoyed her last novel I read - this one seemed a little off-kilter, though good."

Yeah, it was good but just really busy and on top of that the plot never really came together at the end. It's strange, because Erin was sort of saying how the whole event of things that happened in Beckford were still confusing after the murders were "solved" and something was missing, just like the book itself. Maybe that was the author's point? But still it was aggravating to me as the reader. Alot of people think the book was boring, but I didn't think it was boring...just slow-paced. I believe the movie will bring the plot together better.

message 5: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula I agree. Patrick thought he could do anything in the name of his family. He loved Helen more than Sean did and he would stop at nothing to protect her, Sean secondly. I do kind of think he found the bracelet in the cabin rather than ripping it off her though. Patrick didn't care who he hurt or what he said.

Dyann Hated the ending!!!

Christina Girl on the Train was better IMO.
The end of this left me like "huh?"
Like some others mentioned - The constant jumping between characters left me a little confused.
It's a story of a family that protects their own. Covering each others tracks.

Tannis Sean did it because Nel had him trying to remember what happened to his mom. He was thinking he was grabbing his mom's hand to save her but in reality he was pushing Nel.

Destiny It wasn't that hard to get. At the end it explains that Nel was trying to get him to think about what happened and when doing so he thought he was reliving the scene and in turn accidentally ended up pushing her off the cliff "trying to grab his mom".

Dale King The ending doesn't work because it doesn't explain the bracelet. Also upset that there was no explanation of what happened to Marc

Rizky Maulida I'm sorry but this book is not as good as the girl on the train
I just got confused at the middle till the end