The Books With Looks 📚 discussion

Books > The Maze Runner

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments So, in a couple of weeks the movie comes out in the U.S and then later in Europe. Since the newest Trailer just came out....well what do you think? Will you see the movie? Did you read the book?

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments No read the book, saw one of the earlier trailers and it looks a bit like hunger games to me.

I doubt I will watch the movie until I have read the book.

message 3: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments It is nothing like The Hunger Games believe me...

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1426 comments I know the book isn't, the trailer felt like it though.

message 5: by Alma (new)

Alma (alma64037) | 28 comments I saw the first trailer in the cinema when I watched Divergent. My friend and I planned to go see the movie, but I wanna read the book first

message 6: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments TBH I have no idea what this book/film is even about. I've heard the name of it but that's about it. Aus will most likelyt get the film way after you guys as per usual :p Is it any good?

message 7: by Annika (new)

Annika | 38 comments I really disliked this book. Both my dad (who is an author) and I tried to read it, and cringed every few sentences at the writing. The wryly did NOT work for me. It seemed to me to be written poorly. HOWEVER, it has a very good plot line and what can be made into interesting imagery and characters, so I believe the movie could be very good, if they play their cards right. :)

message 8: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments I watched this movie last night, I thought it was weird at the start and I didn't understand what was going on (Haven't read the book yet) but once it got more into the film it was really good.
What I don't understand is why did the maze only had boys in it and then the last one in was a girl?
And Alby, the first in and the one in charge, omg I hated him first time I saw him, other then not liking that actor his character was a jerk!

message 9: by Ness (new)

Ness They explain the girl/boy ratio in the second book/movie.
And are you sure you mean Alby and not Gally? I don't remember Alby being much of a jerk

message 10: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments They do explain stuff in the next two books, if it makes much sense...that I leave up to you.

I agree with Ness. You sure you don't mean Gally? Because Alby is actually a pretty nice guy.

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Ness wrote: "They explain the girl/boy ratio in the second book/movie.
And are you sure you mean Alby and not Gally? I don't remember Alby being much of a jerk"

It was the guy that thought he was in charge becuase he was the first in there.
Who was Alby then?

message 12: by Ness (new)

Ness Alby is the black guy, who gets stung by a griever at some point. He was the first one in the maze though

message 13: by Ash (new)

Ash (evermorefan) | 1068 comments Oh, I got all the character's mixed up while watching it then, that's probably why I didn't understand a single then.
Thanks Ness, I think I have to read the book now! :)

message 14: by Michaela (last edited Feb 16, 2015 03:50AM) (new)

Michaela (yuvilee) | 158 comments I was so happy about the movie, because i really liked it. I needed over a month to read the book because i thought it to be such a boring read. All these damn new words and all the talking really got on my nerves.

So i'm eager for the next movie cause i really like the idea i just hate the style of writing :D