The Readers Review: Literature from 1714 to 1910 discussion

Phineas Redux (Palliser, #4)
This topic is about Phineas Redux
The Trollope Project - Archives > Phineas Redux: Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Frances (francesab) | 1936 comments Mod
Hello Trollope enthusiasts. We will be continuing our Trollope project with Phineas Redux, and I plan to start our discussion the week of July 15th. We will read 60-65 pages/8 chapters per week and so will spread the reading over 10 weeks. I will post a full schedule shortly but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

From a quick glance over the chapter titles (and even those give a few spoilers) it appears we will see some old friends back. I look forward to continuing to read and discuss this political saga in such good company.

LiLi | 281 comments Ah, OK. I think I can finish _Eustace_ by the time you start, then! :)

message 3: by Frances, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Welcome to our fourth novel of the Palliser series and the 10th in our Trollope project. Our reading schedule is as follows:

July 15-21: Ch 1-8
July 22-28: Ch 9-16
July 29-Aug 4: Ch 17-24
Aug 5-11: Ch 25-32
Aug 12-18: Ch 33-40
Aug 19-25: Ch 41-48
Aug 26-Sep 1: Ch 49-56
Sep 2-8: Ch 57-64
Sep 9-15: Ch 65-72
Sep 16-22: Ch 73-80

I look forward to seeing how Phineas has matured over time, and perhaps reconnecting with some other old friends as well.

LiLi | 281 comments I got behind on reading and just finished _Eustace_. Trying to catch up to you now! :)

message 5: by Frances, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glad you can join us-I'm finding this an easy read as many favourite characters have returned.

message 6: by Frances, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

As we come to the end of Phineas Redux, I am proposing a 3 week break to allow people to catch up, catch up on their other reading, and then start The Prime Minister on October 14th. We will likely spend 10 weeks on this 5th novel in our series, allowing us to break over Christmas and tackle the final novel,The Duke's Children in January. Let me know if that works for you or if you would like a longer break.