Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Author Meet & Greet > Review Requests

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Authors who would are willing to provide a free copy of their books in exchange for an honest review are welcome to post review requests here. Just comment below with a short blurb about your book to alert our readers about your offer.

Note to Authors: since authors messaging other authors about review requests is discouraged by GR (and accounts that do may be flagged), we just want to clarify that this thread is meant to give authors a place to request reviews from non-author readers.

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Hi Susan,
I would be happy to provide a free copy of my book in exchange for an honest review.
The book is Gently Awakened: The Influence of Faith on Your Artistic Journey.
Written for creative Christians, this book offers encouragement and inspiration for them to step into their artistic destinies, regardless of their medium of expression.
The print version of the book also features some of my art in full color.
If interested, please send me a message.
Thanks,
Sara

message 3: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Aug 27, 2018 02:02PM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Hi Sara,

Thanks for posting your review request here. Your book looks lovely. I hope you'll get some responses from our readers. :)

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments Hello Susan - hope this finds you well. I have been M.I.A. for a few years - but I am back reviewing. I have quite a backlog of books but this one of Sara’s really intrigues me.

Sara - please email me your contact information. I only review books I can hold in my hands - no ebooks. My email address is: madley@cogeco.ca

Thank you!
Patricia

message 5: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Patricia wrote: "Hello Susan - hope this finds you well. I have been M.I.A. for a few years - but I am back reviewing. I have quite a backlog of books but this one of Sara’s really intrigues me.

Sara - please emai..."

Hi Patricia. So good to hear from you again. I'm glad you're interested in reading Sara's book. I read the Look Inside on Amazon and it looks great. We'll look forward to hearing what you think.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Thanks, Susan and Patricia. I am grateful for your interest. I've sent Patricia an email requesting a mailing address and as soon as I receive it, I'll mail the book.
Thanks again,
Sara
PS Patricia, do you want me to sign it, or does it not matter?

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Cogan (kecogan) | 5 comments I would like a review on my new devotional and study guide if anyone is interested. It uses scripture and life examples of parenting to compare how our love for our children compares to God's love for us.

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments Karen wrote: "I would like a review on my new devotional and study guide if anyone is interested. It uses scripture and life examples of parenting to compare how our love for our children compares to God's love ..."

Sara wrote: "Thanks, Susan and Patricia. I am grateful for your interest. I've sent Patricia an email requesting a mailing address and as soon as I receive it, I'll mail the book.
Thanks again,
Sara
PS Patricia..."

Hi Sara -
I have not received your email yet. Please confirm where you addressed it to. Thank you

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments I sent it to this address, Patricia.
madley@cogeco.ca
Sara

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments Sara wrote: "I sent it to this address, Patricia.
madley@cogeco.ca
Sara"

That is correct, Sara - would you mind trying again? I checked my Junk File to make sure it was not in there.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Just resent it. Let me know if you got it.
Thanks,
Sara

message 12: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments Sara - I guess I should ask - will you mail to Canada - as I live there!

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Patricia,
I've no idea how much the shipping will cost. I'm way south in Texas:(
Let me see if I can get an estimate online.

message 14: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments ok, let me know. Still no email! Bizarre!

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments what's your email - I send you a test

message 16: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments I WILL send you a test!

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments aobasp@gmail.com

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Sorry, the costs for shipping to Canada are ridiculous using the USPS. I hate to, but I am going to have to decline. I would have loved for you to have a physical copy!
Sara
PS If you change your mind about about a PDF or digital file, let me know.

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments Ok, thanks for checking, Sara. What about just general mail?

message 20: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments I just realized what USPS stands for - general mail!

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Yeah, what is your zip code. Perhaps I can try another carrier and see if it is a little more reasonable.
Sara

message 22: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments My Postal Code is L7L5J6

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Sorry. It is still ridiculously expensive unless I have a commercial account, which I don't.
Sara

message 24: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 34 comments That is too bad. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.
Good luck with your book.

Patricia

message 25: by Sara (new)

Sara Joseph (christian-artist) | 14 comments Thanks!
Sara

message 26: by Ross (last edited Oct 01, 2018 11:48AM) (new)

Ross Cohen | 1 comments Good day! I would love to exchange a free copy of my book for your honest review. Primary Prophecy is an apologetic work rooted in biblical prophecy, and it explains prophecy simply, rationally, and without improbable innovation. Beginning with the obvious, it builds towards the esoteric, following scripture's own statements and themes to unfold its prophetic vision. The final result is a coherent, unified vision of history whose fulfilled prophecies prove undeniably and finally that God is the origin of scripture. If this topic interests you, please comment with your interest and I will send you an electronic version of the book. Primary Prophecy

message 27: by Bob (last edited Oct 21, 2018 09:13PM) (new)

Bob Palumbo | 9 comments Hi all...I would be happy to send you a free copy of my ebook, "Unlocking Creation: God's True Nature Revealed" in exchange for your honest and thoughtful review (criticisms welcome, too..,LOL).

The book takes a look at various aspects of God's creation, like "light vs dark"...."hot vs cold"...and even "male and female" and the miracle of human reproduction and asks the question regarding each, "What spiritual truth did God choose to reveal through this part of creation?"

It is a fun, easy and someimes humorous read that is very conversational and thought-provoking.

I would love to hear what you think of it!!!!

BOB PALUMBO

message 28: by Tom (new)

Tom Rothbauer | 3 comments I am interested.

message 29: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Gilbert | 2 comments Where You Go An Interactive Journal for your Adventures with God by Joanne Gilbert

Where You Go: An Interactive Journal for your Adventures with God

I'd love to hear from you if you write reviews for this kind of book. Thanks so much!

Where You Go: An Interactive Journal For Your Adventures With God - Joanne Gilbert

Is your life right now as a follower of Christ a beautiful adventure? Whether you have been following Christ you whole life, or you just met Him yesterday, it's time to step into the unknown and experience the fullness of a life lived trusting His wisdom and guidance. This life with God as our guide is not meant to be stagnant, boring, or dull, it's a life full of vibrant color, joy and risks.

This inspirational journal is full of prompts, encouragement and beautiful artwork to help you experience and record your amazing journey with God.

http://bit.ly/whereyougobook

message 30: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Lester Living as a Dead Man: Life Lessons Gained from Losing One Life to Receiving a Greater Purpose

I am wanting some Christian perspective reviews of my memoir, Living as a Dead Man, so I am offering the free Kindle edition of it for those willing to post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Just message me if you're willing to do the exchange.

Be well and happy but most of all live in love!

From the back cover:
Jeff Lester was like any bright future, college graduate until he received devastating news just before his 27th birthday. An ALS diagnosis left him with an insurmountable journey only given three to five years to live. Jeff thought his life was over.

God had other plans!

After his terminal diagnosis, Jeff defied the predictions of his demise more than once. With the severe disability ALS causes, he experienced his greatest achievements. When diagnosed, Jeff was single and without children, but he would soon marry and have four daughters. He was named the Missouri MDA Person of the Year for his work for the ALS community and was accepted into the University of Michigan-Dearborn's graduate business program. Jeff graduated with Distinction with an M.B.A. and an M.S. in Finance. He achieved all this as a quadriplegic on a ventilator.

Jeff lives in Lebanon, Missouri with his wife Lisa and children. His story is one of fearless tenacity through love, strength and rediscovered faith as he and his family journey through ALS and navigate the complexities of Living as a Dead Man.

message 31: by Randall (new)

Randall James | 4 comments Hello Everyone,

I am looking for reviewers for
Cape Breton Orphan - a memoir

"In 1969, Apollo 11 landed on the moon, and in 1969, I met my mother. I was eight years old."

In this gripping memoir, Randall James tears open his life story, taking the reader on a breathless roller coaster ride through his childhood, teen and adult life.

Despite years of neglect, poverty, and violence, Randall graduates from high school and heads out into the world. But his shaky foundation soon leads to drastic consequences, including a suicide attempt.

After battling alcohol, marital and health issues, Randall ultimately learns that life's roller coaster doesn't always conclude with a fairy tale ending. What's most important is not the ride itself, but who is with you along the way.

At times hilarious, at times harrowing, this candid account of one man's struggle, growth, and transformation points to the meaning beneath the hardships of life.

Blessings,
Randall

message 32: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Randall wrote: "Hello Everyone,

I am looking for reviewers for
Cape Breton Orphan - a memoir

"In 1969, Apollo 11 landed on the moon, and in 1969, I met my mother. I was eight years old."

In this gripping memoir..."

Hi Randall,

I noticed your request for reviews for your book and wanted to offer a tip that may draw interest. You may get more potential reviewer responses if you will offer to gift a free copy of your book to any member who is interested, in exchange for their honest review. It would be up to you to message anyone who responds to arrange how they can receive the free copy (gifted from you through Amazon or whatever).

I hope this helps!

Susan

message 33: by Margaret (new)

Margaret McGee | 2 comments Margaret D. McGee Seeking early book reviewers for the 2nd edition of my spiritual memoir.

Stumbling Toward God A Prodigal's Return by Margaret D. McGee Stumbling Toward God: A Prodigal's Return

Publication Date: March 11, 2020
25 copies are available for early reviewers (free in exchange for an honest review)
Format: Kindle/ePUB/PDF

From the back cover: STUMBLING TOWARD GOD traces a woman’s spiritual search with an unusual twist – from an “atheist who prays” to unorthodox membership in two contrasting churches: Unitarian and Episcopal. In the second edition of this forthright memoir, Margaret McGee shares new adventures on her spiritual quest, culminating in personal encounters with a God of love.
(For more, follow the above link to the book's Goodreads page.)

If you are interested in reading and reviewing my book, please message me through Goodreads or email me at Margaret(at)InTheCourtyard(dot)com.
In your message, please include a link to your previous reviews, such as on your blog or your Amazon reviewers page, so that I can get an idea of how you approach reviewing a book.
And thank you for your interest!
Margaret McGee

message 34: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Laronda (is that your first name?), thanks for posting about your book here. Quite an interesting topic. I am not a health professional or caregiver, but I know of many who struggle with the issues you mentioned. I hope you will get people to review, maybe you can offer a review in exchange, that always works :)

message 35: by LaRonda (new)

LaRonda Starling (gracepsychserve) | 2 comments Marja wrote: "Hi Laronda (is that your first name?), thanks for posting about your book here. Quite an interesting topic. I am not a health professional or caregiver, but I know of many who struggle with the iss..."

Thank you very much Marja! :)

message 36: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Dr. wrote: "If you would be interested in reviewing the book Be Still: Spiritual Self-Care for Mental Health Professionals, I will send you a link to download the ebook through Prolific Works, where you will b..."

This sounds like a wonderful book!

message 37: by Leslie (last edited Apr 08, 2020 03:51PM) (new)

Leslie Yerger | 6 comments Thank you so much! I would love the opportunity to provide a free book to anyone who would be interested in giving me an honest review. Much appreciated. The book is titled Probably Benign, and the Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/Probably-Benig...

My book is a little bit about my Stage IV breast cancer diagnosis, and a lot about all of the metaphorical and real life lessons learned while I walked the physical, mental, and spiritual stages of the ancient Christian pilgrimage, the Camino de Santiago, which traverses 500 miles across northern Spain to where the remains of St. James, the apostle of Jesus are kept. All of that while every woman who reads it I hope finishes the book feeling empowered to advocate for her own best breast cancer screening beyond what is standard today, so that what happened to me doesn't happen to her.

That is my reason, my goal, my intent for the book. By sharing my story and what I have learned, I want to make a difference for women going forward, so that more women with breast cancer become survivors, so that they can live long and fully, accomplishing all they were put here on earth for.

Comment if you would like a free copy to review. Thanks to all.

message 38: by LaRonda (new)

LaRonda Starling (gracepsychserve) | 2 comments Susan wrote: "Dr. wrote: "If you would be interested in reviewing the book Be Still: Spiritual Self-Care for Mental Health Professionals, I will send you a link to download the ebook through Prolific Works, wher..."

Thank you very much Susan! :)

message 39: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Leslie wrote: "Thank you so much! I would love the opportunity to provide a free book to anyone who would be interested in giving me an honest review. Much appreciated. The book is titled Probably Benign, and the..."

Hi Leslie, I hope you will be able to exchange reviews!

message 40: by Lucy (last edited May 21, 2020 02:46PM) (new)

Lucy Goncalves | 2 comments Susan wrote: "Authors who would are willing to provide a free copy of their books in exchange for an honest review are welcome to post review requests here. Just comment below with a short blurb about your book ..."

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Lucy Goncalves. I have cerebral palsy including a speech impediment. Recently, I published a devotional book entitled, Able Soul Empowering God’s Spirit Within. This is my testimony of overcoming adversity, discovering strength in vulnerability and finding freedom. I share how God can bring transformation and freedom in any circumstance.

I hope you will consider reviewing my book. Able Soul is a 118-page read and is available in paperback, Mobi, EPUB or PDF – whichever you prefer. To get a better feel for the content, please listen to this chapter on YouTube My Heavenly Realtor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upU2f...

Feel free to respond with any questions or your preferred format.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Email me at binspired@ablesoul.ca

Thank you Susan!

message 41: by Larissa (new)

Larissa Hinton (larissahinton) | 3 comments Hi y'all! My name is Larissa Hinton and I just published my poetry collection called Before and After. I am posting here to get some reviews for my book. I am able to provide a pdf or mobi file format of the book.

Thanks for your consideration and God bless!

https://www.amazon.com/Before-After-C...

message 42: by James (new)

James Collins | 4 comments Bob wrote: "Hi all...I would be happy to send you a free copy of my ebook, "Unlocking Creation: God's True Nature Revealed" in exchange for your honest and thoughtful review (criticisms welcome, too..,LOL).

T..."

Bob, I just picked up your book. God willing, I will start it tonight. I will post a review here and on Amazon as soon as I'm finished. God's blessings to you.

message 43: by James (new)

James Collins | 4 comments Don't Throw The Believer Out With The Baptistry Water: The Best Of The Point Is... Volume 1I am looking for reviews for my book "Don't Throw The Believer Out With The Baptistry Water." It is a collection of my syndicated newspaper columns put together in the style of a devotional book. Someone said it was like "Chicken Soup for the Soul" with a sense of humor. Most of the stories are based on my own life experiences. I would greatly appreciate reviews and feedback. If you are interested, please let me know what format you prefer. The book is free on KU, I can email you the pdf, or I will be happy to mail you the paperback. Just email me with your address: james@thepointis.net.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

message 44: by Brenda (new)

Brenda E. Mcdaniel (brendamcdaniel441) | 7 comments Hello! If you believe in Angels and Miracles this book is for you? Site is https://www.amazon.com/My-Angel-My-He.... Can get it free at Kindle unlimited and audible. Just join. Also have free audible codes. Thanks again.

message 45: by Brenda (new)

Brenda E. Mcdaniel (brendamcdaniel441) | 7 comments My email is Brenda mcdaniel441@gmail.com for free codes. Previous ad on my book My Angel My Hero above.

message 46: by Hearty (new)

Hearty | 6 comments Hi. I am the assistant to author, Mike Kastle. Have you ever been nervous about sharing devotional messages with your friends or family, or have been afraid of speaking in public?
“Throughout my career as a lawyer, and my ministry as a team leader and missionary, I have had the privilege of sharing many devotional messages to a wide range of audiences. I’ve learned that it is good to be prepared, at any time, to share an encouraging word of hope and blessing from the Word of God, to any audience.” -- --Mike Kastle
Therefore, We are glad to announce that his second book “The Messenger’s Companion” is coming! This book is divided into two parts. In Part 1, Mike gives directions and tips for preparing your devotional messages so you can easily share them in your personal way. In Part 2, he gives twelve example devotions that you can use immediately (including what you would use as your speaking notes). We sincerely hope that this Quick Guide will help you to prepare what the Lord has put on your heart to share with others, and hopefully relieve some stress in the process. We are willing to share a PDF file of the book with those would be interested in reading it to post a review for the book’s launch.
Email us if you would like to review the book “The Messenger’s Companion”. heartyzxy@gmail.com May the Lord guide you and bless you richly as you share!
Mike Kastle’s first book “Servants & Spies” made No. 1 Best Seller and No. 1 New Release on Amazon.com.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFPM922?...

message 47: by Bob (new)

Bob Jennerich | 10 comments Hi All,

I'm so pleased to be a part of this group. I'm the pastor of an evangelical church in Garland Texas. I just self-published my first book, "Facing LIfe's Challenges Head On: How Jesus Gets You Thorugh What You Can't Get Around." Each chapter deals with a particular challenge that we all encounter, anxiety, fear, doubt, rejection, temptation, guilt and shame, money, comparison, sickness, and compromise. I begin each chapter with a personal story of an encounter with that issue. Then I interrupt the story to discuss how Biblical characters handled that same issue. Then I finish my personal story and add conclusions and applications.

The book is not preachy or self-exalting. It's Christ-exalting and filled with practical application about how we as Christians should face life's challenges based on the Bible and my own failures. It's 208 pages, available on Amazon and other retailers, but I would be happy to send you a free epub file if you would agree to read and post an honest review.

https://www.amazon.com/Facing-Lifes-C...

message 48: by Jane (new)

Jane Rozek (goodreadscomjane_catherine_rozek) | 10 comments Margaret wrote: "Margaret D. McGee Seeking early book reviewers for the 2nd edition of my spiritual memoir.

Stumbling Toward God A Prodigal's Return by Margaret D. McGee [book:Stumbling Toward G..."

Hi Margaret,
I'd be interested in reviewing your book! I'm an narrative non-fiction Christian writer myself, on Amazon and here. I'm currently writing Book 2 in a Memoir series. Sounds like we might have things in common!

message 49: by Dean (new)

Dean Miller | 6 comments Hi everyone, I am a retired pastor—also a retired neuropsychologist. Since my retirement I have written two Christian non-fiction books and am finishing up a third. I would love to have someone review either of these books and would gladly supply a free copy for an honest review.

The first one, "Jesus Says" is a fresh interpretation of some of the more difficult sayings of Jesus. I would especially be interested in feedback on Chapter 19: "Render unto Caesar...," which presents a totally different interpretation of that answer.

The second book, "The Wise Men and the Star," is a research study of the enigmas of the nativity stories. I have gathered in one book pretty much all of the available information on the Magi, uncovered a fact known to the original readers but lost subsequently, and was thereby able to calculate the date when Jesus was born, the identity of the wise men, the nature of the star they saw, and the date and their time of arrival at Bethlehem.

message 50: by Mary (new)

Mary Detweiler (mdetweiler) | 29 comments Dean G. Miller, I would be happy to review both of your books if you will review 2 of mine. Here's the link to my amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B08KMYRZ72...

If you choose which 2 you would like to review I will mail you a copy of each and will happily accept copies of your books.

Please email me (marydet@ptd.net) if you want to move fotwaed with this.

« previous 1