What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House
This topic is about Glory Over Everything
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Black vs white slave era. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Dierker | 5 comments A lady I was sitting next to was describing a book she was currently reading but couldn’t remember the title. This is what I got: white man who discovered he was black, back in the days when they hunted down slaves, went to Philadelphia and became well known artist, someone who helped him along the way has a missing son and he now is helping him find the boy. Any ideas?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Lisa, do you think you'll see this lady again to confirm the book's title if you receive suggestions in this thread?

If no, we'll move your request to the "Just to Chat" folder. People can suggest books with this theme.

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Dierker | 5 comments No, I will not see her again, but if people suggest books, I will know when I hit the right one.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Lisa wrote: "...white man who discovered he was black..." I don't get that, he had recollection of past life or something else?

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Dierker | 5 comments He apparently is bi-racial, probably white slave owner and slave mother. Light skinned and raised as white but somehow found out about his metro background, as did others.

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Dierker | 5 comments Negro, not metro.

message 8: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Dierker | 5 comments Yes, this is it!!!!!! You are good!😊Thank you so much. It’s going right on my To Read list.