Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Free/Cheap Books > Low Cost Print Books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
From Pat:

[C]heck out thriftbooks.com. Here in the states most paperback books are $7.99 but on thriftbooks I can buy books as low as $3.99 and in very good condition. If you buy at least $10.00, you get free shipping which is usually 3 books for me. Also they will reward you for each $50.00 you spend you get a $5.00 reward.

message 2: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2866 comments Mod
From Helen:

Thriftbooks charge $4.99US per book to ship outside USA, U.K. or Canada. For Canada and U.K., it is $3.99 per book.
No free shipping outside USA.
For others in Australia, Book Depository, based in the U.K., ships new books for free.
Brotherhood Books is a charity-based second hand bookshop in Australia which ships free if you order 3 or more books. However, like most second-hand bookshops, what is available at any one time can be quite random.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 667 comments The website for Brotherhood Books is https://www.brotherhoodbooks.org.au/

message 4: by ShanDizzy (new)

ShanDizzy  (sdizzy) Nell wrote: "From Pat:

[C]heck out thriftbooks.com. Here in the states most paperback books are $7.99 but on thriftbooks I can buy books as low as $3.99 and in very good condition. If you buy at least $10.00, ..."

I have ordered from thriftbooks.com for years! Also, a good site is betterworldbooks.com for good used books.

message 5: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments I will check it out. Thanks!

message 6: by Pat (new)

Pat Cray-Hollis | 179 comments I downloaded about 10 ebooks today and were all free.

message 7: by L J (new)

L J | 596 comments When looking for low priced print books check with area libraries to see if they have sales. Those are among the lowest priced print, and sometimes books on cd, you can find and you are helping to support the library. Sometimes the selection is very good, sometimes not, but it is worth a try.

message 8: by Tari (last edited Aug 07, 2018 10:37AM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 121 comments S Dizzy wrote: "Nell wrote: "From Pat:

[C]heck out thriftbooks.com. Here in the states most paperback books are $7.99 but on thriftbooks I can buy books as low as $3.99 and in very good condition. If you buy at l..."

I agree with you both, I love Thriftbooks' site! I honestly just recently realized they had one. I had been buying from their eBay store, same with Better World. I'll have to check out Better World's site and see if they run any type of rewards program like Thrift does. Thrift even has a mobile app and they issue codes periodically for 15% off. I got 15% off first time I ordered from the app :) The books are normally nicer than expected even if you get acceptable. Sometimes you get upgraded to good for no extra charge. (I'm cheap, I always go for the $3.79 lol)