What is Life without books discussion

Archive 2019 > Annoucements

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 971 comments Mod
A place to post announcements that affect everyone on the review team and authors looking for reviews.

message 2: by Patricia (new)

I'm asking everyone to send a message to support on Goodreads about an issue I've already complained about.

If you write a review on Amazon using a kindle it automatically posts on Goodreads too. If you write a review for a book you didn't purchase from Amazon you can't review the book on your kindle it has to be done directly on Amazon. THOSE REVIEWS ARE NOT POSTED TO GOODREADS! ( Incidentally if you have set a reading goal on goodreads those books don't count towards it either. )

Not even the number of stars you give a book is reported on Goodreads. You have to do it manually on the Goodreads site.

I believe this is a major issue. ARC reviews, reviews of books from instafreebie/bookfunnel/bookcave and reviews of books received directly from authors will never show up on Goodreads.

Please write to support and ask them to find away to coordinate with Amazon so ALL reviews posted there are posted here too. I was told they know it's an issue and when they get enough requests they will look into it. Bombard them with requests. I might be wrong but doesn't Amazon own Goodreads? It makes no sense.

This is especially unfair to authors who value reviews.

Thanks in advance because I know you'll all let them know you want your reviews posted in both places.

Pat

message 3: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1267 comments Mod
Patricia wrote: "I'm asking everyone to send a message to support on Goodreads about an issue I've already complained about.

If you write a review on Amazon using a kindle it automatically posts on Goodreads too. ..."

I always post my reviews on both site GR and amazon. I do it manually to make sure they are posted.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Members of the review team please take a look at the authors requests for reviews. If you find a book you would like to review contact the author for a copy of the book by mail on Goodreads. Lets help these authors and provide some reviews! My current TBR and reviewed pile is close to 20 books so until I get through those I can't take on anymore. I'm relying on all of you to help get this team up and running.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (jacksally) | 31 comments I will try to start from the top on the list and work my way down!

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Thank you Michelle!