Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to add characters?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments Sorry if this has been mentioned before...

Every time I try to add characters to my book, I am send to the Goodreads main page. Is this a glitch?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45512 comments Mod
It takes a Goodreads Librarian.

If you link to the book and list the characters, one of our wonderful volunteer librarians can help you with that.

message 3: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments Thank you, rivka!
The book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

The characters' names are:
Lei Synge-Sturmmond
Sween Funew
Dessande Aviemore
Rainel
Astaroth
Jason
Archie
Mayii
Midori

This is just the first book of a series, so every time I publish a new novel with more characters I will have to repeat this step?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26912 comments #3 done. When you publish the next novel, just make a post in Book Issues and a librarian will add the characters :)

message 5: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments Thank you very much, Sandra!

message 6: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments Hmm, but now I try to add the information and pics and I do get something that says 'edit description of this character' but it's just text, not a link. There's no way to add photos either. How can I do this?

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #6 - Believe just like adding Characters only a Librarian can do that work.

message 8: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments Thanks, Philip....

You know, I am an artist besides an autor. I would really like it if I could manually add illustrations whenever I make them...

message 9: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 732 comments Hi, Haru.

As the Author, you might be able to add your illustrations by clicking on the blank Character image and then Add Photos, or alternatively via the Edit Character button and then (on the right of your screen) Choose File/Upload Photo.

If you can't access this, then upload your images to your Profile and request a Librarian to do it for you.

message 10: by Haru (new)

Haru Ichiban | 14 comments I'll try that. Thank you, Hugo.