NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

29 views
Need Help? [Ask the Group] > Trouble viewing files

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) Hi everyone!

I'm a NG newbie, I just joined yesterday.

I have been having trouble with a lot of the file formats. I tried sending the protected PDFs to my Kindle, because I have not had trouble with pdfs before, but they show up as garbled documents.

So I downloaded the Bluefire app, logged in and authorized it. However it doesn't show up as an option when i click on "open in" after downloading the files. I have tried deleting it and re-installing it to no avail.

Do you have any tips to debug this? I have all these ARCs on my shelf that I cannot access!


Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 176 comments Go to Amazon and find out your Kindle email address. SEND the .pdf files to that address with CONVERT in the subject line.

I've have better luck just authorizing NetGalley to send directly to my Kindle.

For some newbie NetGalley tips: https://fictionophile.wordpress.com/2...


message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) Yeah, I was trying to avoid having to download them on my computer first, but if nothing else works I guess I’ll resort to that 😕 So annoying though.

Thanks for sharing your experience!


message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison (bananatricky) | 36 comments Elisa (Bookish Expat) wrote: "Yeah, I was trying to avoid having to download them on my computer first, but if nothing else works I guess I’ll resort to that 😕 So annoying though.

Thanks for sharing your experience!"


You don't have to download them to your computer first, just click on the send to Kindle icon and it will download over wifi straight to your Kindle.


message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa (elisabookishexpat) Alison wrote: "... ust click the send to kindle icon..."

You may have missed my original post. The issue is with the secure PDFs, which show up as garbled documents.


message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Underbrink | 24 comments I had to get Adobe reader and have to read these on my computer and I find reader to be extremely horrible to use. So I cringe when I get a pdf!! If someone figures out a better way to read them I am interested! Kindle does not support the protected pdfs.


message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison (bananatricky) | 36 comments Elisa (Bookish Expat) wrote: "Alison wrote: "... ust click the send to kindle icon..."

You may have missed my original post. The issue is with the secure PDFs, which show up as garbled documents."


I saw the original post, I just didn't understand why you would want to send a PDF to a Kindle when there was a Kindle format available. Perhaps I was wrongly assuming they were available in Kindle format. Are they not available in Kindle format? As Susan states, Kindle doesn't support protected PDFs.


message 8: by Melanie (last edited Jun 15, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 295 comments Alison wrote: "I saw the original post, I just didn't understand why you would want to send a PDF to a Kindle when there was a Kindle format available. Perhaps I was wrongly assuming they were available in Kindle format. Are they not available in Kindle format? As Susan states, Kindle doesn't support protected PDFs. "

There are actually several publishers where the Send To Kindle option is a Protected PDF instead of Protected MOBI, Harlequin is one of them for example.


back to top