Splintered Fan Club discussion

Splintered and Unhinged Read-A-Long (August 2014

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Aug 18, 2014 02:19AM) (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments description
UPDATED. PLEASE CHECK THE NEW DATES, NEW BANNER, AND BLOG POST LINK.
Hi guys!
We at @AGHowardPH (on Twitter) are hosting a read-a-long for Splintered and Unhinged.
It will be on August 11-12 September 1-2 (Splintered) and August 13-15September 3-5 (Unhinged).

Everyone is welcome to join--re-readers or new readers! Please invite your friends to join and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, and even blog, if that's okay.

During the read-a-long: We can post quotes (as long as they're free from spoilers!) on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and hashtag #SplinteredReadALong or #UnhingedReadALong. If you're posting on Twitter, please mention us so we can RT. If you're posting on Facebook or Instagram or anywhere, you can add the hashtag #AGHowardPH (since we only have Twitter acount. For now.)

If you're a blogger/reviewer, we would also appreciate it if you post a review on your blog/Goodreads during or after the read-a-long (you can also mention on your review that you joined this read-a-long). If you already have a review, that's not a problem! You can just share your link/s to us and we'll RT and tweet. A re-review post sounds cool too. Reminder: Reviews are NOT required, but highly appreciated!

We don't have giveaway/s but we are open to anyone who's willing to donate. Giveaways are series-related, of course. ANITA IS DONATING SOMETHING FOR THE GIVEAWAY! YAY, THANK YOU!! <3

Check out the blog post about the read-a-long I've published recently: http://michelletheescapist.blogspot.c...

MANDATORY!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YioG...

@AGHowardPH is a Philippine based fandom for A.G Howard. It was formerly known as @SplinteredPH but I decided to change it into a fandom for all of Anita's books. For questions, suggestions, etc. just simply tweet us. Or you can also leave a comment here. :)

Thank you and I hope you guys can join! Let's dive in to the Wonderland. ;)

message 2: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments LOL, I was going to try to finish both this week, but I'm gonna save them til then :)

message 3: by La La (new)

La La I'm in!! I am revamping my blog reviews of Splintered and Unhinged with gifs, so I guess I can use this read-along as a reason to reblog. :)

message 4: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Thank you so much for coordinating this, Michelle! I hope you guys have fun reading, and if you'll tag me on some of your tweets, I'll be sure to RT! :) Also, may I donate something for a giveaway at the end if you'd like to do one? Something Alice in Wonderlandish, maybe? Let me know.

message 5: by La La (new)

La La Note that they have changed the dates to September.

message 6: by La La (last edited Aug 15, 2014 10:13PM) (new)

La La I'll post the new banner they have If I can find it again.

message 7: by La La (new)

La La Diane wrote: "Linda, may I ask what the link to your blog is? I'd like to check it out."

Here is the link to my updated, and heavily gifed out, four and a half star review on my blog.

http://lalatoadstone.blogspot.com/201...

message 8: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina  | 60 comments Love it!!! It's great

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "Diane wrote: "Linda, may I ask what the link to your blog is? I'd like to check it out."

Here is the link to my updated, and heavily gifed out, four and a half star review on my blog.

http://lal..."

I looked at your review on splintered on there and thought it was awesome when I saw you used that "Madness is a place" gif, because I recognize it from one of the trailers for one of American McGee's Alice games, which I love.

message 10: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina  | 60 comments Did the Read-along already happen?? ._.

message 11: by La La (new)

La La Splintered_luv wrote: "Did the Read-along already happen?? ._."

Nope. You didn't miss a thing. They changed the dates to the first two weeks in September. I need to find their new banner and post it.

message 12: by La La (new)

La La Thanks everyone for the thumbs up on my blog post. It really means a lot. :)

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina  | 60 comments Thanks @ la la cause I really wanna do it!!

message 14: by La La (last edited Aug 16, 2014 10:52PM) (new)

La La splintered

message 15: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: ""

Pretteh!

message 16: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments ...I started reading the books on the original dates...

Then I was upset because I finished Splintered a day late XD

At least it's not for nothing, now I can read the books again :3

I've found with good books, you always have that 'I didn't notice that the first time around' moment; A.G. did a really good job with all the details. Every time I read it, there's something new :D

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments Dahanci wrote: "...I started reading the books on the original dates...

I've found w..."

I know, right? That's why I re-read books so much.

message 18: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments Katie wrote: "Dahanci wrote: "...I started reading the books on the original dates...

At least it's not for nothing, now I can read the books again ..."

Okay, call me an idiot, but one of the things I noticed was (view spoiler) and then (view spoiler)

HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER THAT.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments OHMYGOSH I HAVEN'T SEEN YOUR COMMENTS UNTIL NOW. I lost the thread's link. :3 But THANK YOU GUYS!!!! <3

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments A.G. wrote: "Thank you so much for coordinating this, Michelle! I hope you guys have fun reading, and if you'll tag me on some of your tweets, I'll be sure to RT! :) Also, may I donate something for a giveaway ..."

Thank YOU for sharing us Alyssa's Wonderland. :)
Yay, thanks Anita!!! I'll email you later re giveaway. :D

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments Dahanci wrote: "...I started reading the books on the original dates...

I've found w..."

Oops--SORRY!! We'll read this September for reals, I promise. The thread is now updated, btw! :)

message 22: by La La (new)

La La A.G. wrote: "Linda "La La" wrote: ""

Pretteh!"

Ha ha, I corrected the spelling of Alyssa's last name. I can't believe I just caught that. Derp.

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments Linda "La La" wrote: ""

Thank you so much for being fab! <3

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments HI GUYS! THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH FOR BEING PSYCHED ABOUT THIS AS I AM!
I'm also sorry for not updating much, especially on this thread. I'm a busy girl and then my laptop went down so I have to move the dates. I promise to update you every now and then!

The thread is now UPDATED. You can check out/re-post/display the new banner and share the new dates and blog post link to everyone you know.

If you're a blogger, we would also appreciate it if you invite your readers by tweeting, posting in Facebook, or writing a blog post/post the banner on your blog.

Again, thank you! If you have more questions or suggestions, please tweet us! <3

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments If you're joining us on this exciting event, lease SIGN UP here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YioG...

*This is MANDATORY unless you don't want to be part of the drawing for the giveaway. ;)

message 26: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina  | 60 comments When we are reading the book.. Do we have to tag something on twitter as we comment??

message 27: by La La (last edited Aug 31, 2014 09:36PM) (new)

La La I just finished my last ARC August Challenge book and am going to start Splintered in the morning. How many chapters are we supposed to read?

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments Sabrina wrote: "When we are reading the book.. Do we have to tag something on twitter as we comment??"

You can tag @AGHowardPH when you update.. Whenever you want, really. But please use the hashtag #SplinteredReadALong or #UnhingedReadALong :)

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Sedeño (michellesedeno) | 12 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "I just finished my last ARC August Challenge book and am going to start Splintered in the morning. How many chapters are we supposed to read?"

As many as you can! :D If you can finished the book in one day, you can spend the spare day/time by posting your favorite quotes, etc.

message 30: by La La (new)

La La I didn't realize this was only for two days. Most people don't have time to finish a book in two days. I would warn first time readers that there will be tons of SPOILERS on the hashtag.

message 31: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina  | 60 comments Okay

message 32: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments This is just a suggestion, but you might try to keep the tweets as spoiler free as possible. You can say things cryptically where other readers will get it, w/out actually giving anything away, if you know what I mean?

Some people might stumble upon them w/out realizing it's a spoiler zone otherwise. That's how they did one of the read-a-longs I saw in the past. Have fun everyone!

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather Daniels | 3 comments I have just started Chapter one in Splintered!!

message 34: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Heather wrote: "I have just started Chapter one in Splintered!!"

Oooh, happy reading! Hope you like it. :)

message 35: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "This is just a suggestion, but you might try to keep the tweets as spoiler free as possible. You can say things cryptically where other readers will get it, w/out actually giving anything away, if ..."

I-Is it really...?

A.G. has returned!

*pokes* It's September, and you know what that means~

specifically Alysseus spoilers

those would not go amiss

message 36: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments da Hanci wrote: "A.G. wrote: "This is just a suggestion, but you might try to keep the tweets as spoiler free as possible. You can say things cryptically where other readers will get it, w/out actually giving anyth..."

Haha! I wondered when I'd get a nudge from you. I have three quotes this time in fact, and I was just getting ready to post them. :) I've missed you guys!

message 37: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "da Hanci wrote: "A.G. wrote: "This is just a suggestion, but you might try to keep the tweets as spoiler free as possible. You can say things cryptically where other readers will get it, w/out actu..."

ASDFGHJKL

asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl

*brain breaks*

I-I missed you too which is probably why I put you in my fanfic plz don't kill me

message 38: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Diane wrote: "What?!!? Hooray!!! ~anxiously watching for September quotes~"

Hi Diane! Trying to get them ready. I'll have them up by tonight! :)

da Hanci wrote: "I-I missed you too which is probably why I put you in my fanfic plz don't kill me "

LOL. What? I so need to get over to the fanfic threads. It WILL happen sometime this week. I WILL MAKE IT SO.

message 39: by ashes (new)

ashes ➷ (ashesarrows) | 1063 comments A.G. wrote: "Diane wrote: "What?!!? Hooray!!! ~anxiously watching for September quotes~"

Hi Diane! Trying to get them ready. I'll have them up by tonight! :)

da Hanci wrote: "I-I missed you too which is pro..."

I literally *just* posted about five fanfics. You did not miss a thing XD

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather Daniels | 3 comments A.G. wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have just started Chapter one in Splintered!!"

Oooh, happy reading! Hope you like it. :)"

Thank you!!

I just re-read Splintered and Unhinged for the second time. I am in love and am anxiously waiting for Ensnared and hopefully the movie follows through!

message 41: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Heather wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have just started Chapter one in Splintered!!"

Thank you!!

I just re-read Splintered and Unhinged for the second time. I..."

Aw, so happy to hear that, Heather! Can't wait to share book 3 w/everyone. And *fingers crossed* for a movie one day. You never know what the future will bring. :)

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather Daniels | 3 comments I am so very excited about the book and have never been in such a hurry to move forward in a series, although I have never read a series so new that I had to wait lol but it will be worth it and so will the movies! <--- like how I made that plural ;-) fingers and toes are crossed!!

A.G. wrote: "Heather wrote: "A.G. wrote: "Heather wrote: "I have just started Chapter one in Splintered!!"

Thank you!!

I just re-read Splintered and Unhinged for th..."