Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction: Flash Fiction Anthology - Book 1
This topic is about Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction
19 views
The Writing Process > Just when you think you have it made

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (last edited Jun 07, 2018 07:14AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments So, I'm looking at sales of my latest anthology on Kindle, and I see:

Marketplace Currency eBook Royalty Paperback Royalty Total Royalty
Amazon.co.jp JPY 212.00 0.00 212.00

And then, I realize, the royalty is in yen! (;>(

212.00 JPY = 1.927606 USD

Back to 8-course meals: two burgers and a 6-pack.


message 2: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Don’t spend that all at once lol.


message 3: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments D.J. wrote: "Don’t spend that all at once lol."

I know, one can't be too careful. (;>)


message 4: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4639 comments Mod
hahaha


message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments You've broken into the Japanese market? Respect! Never mind the lack of dough!


message 6: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments I know. Is that crazy or what?!


message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments I think it's amazing that someone so far away buys your ebook and you get a little spike in your sales, and money!

Try not to spend more on your celebrating than you earned...


message 8: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Thanks, Alex and Anna...

I will take my wife to the show at the clubhouse tonight. It's $2US...she can kick in the change. (;>)

Ted


message 9: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Woods (mjwoodsbooks) | 41 comments LOL!! Still, a great accomplishment to get our words read around the world. Congrats.


message 10: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments M.J. wrote: "LOL!! Still, a great accomplishment to get our words read around the world. Congrats."

You got to wonder how they found the book.


message 11: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1764 comments I think I may have gotten one sale once upon a time from there, although it probably wasn't for my book. It was probably for someone else's that we published through our company. We've had sales in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Germany, France (I think), Japan (I think), Australia, and New Zealand. We once got a big order from some other South Pacific place, but that turned out to be a scam.


message 12: by Theodore (last edited Jun 07, 2018 01:07PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Dale wrote: "I think I may have gotten one sale once upon a time from there, although it probably wasn't for my book. It was probably for someone else's that we published through our company. We've had sales in..."

I've gotten sales in Canada (the people who burned down the White House in 1812 (;>)), England, Germany, India, and a few other places, but they usually resulted from communications with friends. Still, strange things do happen.


message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments Theodore wrote: "So, I'm looking at sales of my latest anthology on Kindle, and I see:

Marketplace Currency eBook Royalty Paperback Royalty Total Royalty
Amazon.co.jp JPY 212.00 0.00 212.00

And then, I realize..."

Ha ha, enjoy your hard-earned 8 course meal, Ted!


message 14: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1764 comments Theodore wrote: "I've gotten sales in Canada (the people who burned down the White House in 1812 (;>)), England, Germany, India, and a few other places, but they usually resulted from communications with friends. Still, strange things do happen. "

It is, at least, a smaller world than it used to be.


message 15: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 464 comments That is a very funny story, Ted! But also full of hope!


message 16: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Thanks, Gang! (;>)


back to top

201765

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread