Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > I'm named after a Harlequin pirate. Help me find the book!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Frick | 1 comments I'm 37 and my mom just shared with me that my name, Brandon, came from a romance novel with a pirate by that name. I was born in 1980, so probably around then. Please let me know if you know the book. I really want to get it for my mom on my birthday.

message 3: by JennyG (last edited Jun 07, 2018 07:08AM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments It is most probably the classic:

The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss from 1972

LOVERS FOR THE AGES!

In an age of great turmoil, the breathtaking romance of Heather Simmons and Captain Brandon Birmingham spans oceans and continents! Their stormy saga reaches the limits of human passion as we follow Heather's tumultuous journey from poverty...to her kidnapping at a squalid London dockside...to the splendor of Harthaven, the Carolina plantation where Brandon finally probes the depths of Heather's full womanhood!

THE FLOWER

Doomed to a life of unending toil, Heather Simmons fears for her innocence - until a shocking, desperate act forces her to flee...and to seek refuge in the arms of a virile and dangerous stranger.

THE FLAME

A lusty adventurer married to the sea, Captain Brandon Birmingham courts scorn and peril when he abducts the beautiful fugitive from the tumultuous London dockside. But no power on Earth can compel him to relinquish his exquisite prize. For he is determined to make the sapphire-eyed lovely his woman...and to carry her off to far, uncharted realms of sensuous, passionate love.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Flame and the Flower (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (other topics)