Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Let's Talk Nonfiction Books! > Do you struggle with an Inner Critic?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments I just finished reading a new Christian nonfiction book that's really good on this subject. It's called:

Letting Love In: How God Renews Relationships by Crushing Your Inner Critic

The Kindle Edition is on pre-order sale for $.99 now and goes into full release 7/12/18. But if you love to curl up with an actual book, the paperback is already out at:

https://www.amazon.com/Letting-Love-G...

Letting Love In How God Renews Relationships by Crushing Your Inner Critic by Lindsay Morgan Snyder

message 2: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Sounds like an interesting read Susan, I do not have a Kindle, but I'll order it. Thanks for sharing. Is it about being critical in general or being critical to yourself? I am Dutch and of the Dutch people it is said that they are very critical and opinionated; sometimes I wish it was different :)

message 3: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 09, 2018 07:12AM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments You know how the Bible calls the enemy the accuser? This book is about getting victory over that critical voice that attacks your self esteem. It's about silencing the Inner Critic that says things like you're not good enough, that you're not worthy of love, that you'll never amount to anything, etc. As a recovering self-saboteur, the author is very frank about the lies the accuser tells to undermine all our relationships and (to borrow your title) about the Spirit of Truth who sets us free.

I'm already reading and enjoying that book of yours, BTW. :)

Letting Love In How God Renews Relationships by Crushing Your Inner Critic by Lindsay Morgan Snyder Lindsay Morgan Snyder Spirit of Truth by Marja Verschoor-Meijers Marja Verschoor-Meijers

message 4: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Okay, thanks for that info Susan... and glad you are enjoying Spirit of Truth :)