Play Book Tag discussion

Yarrow
This topic is about Yarrow
June 2018: Magical Realism > Yarrow / Charles de Lint. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 9066 comments 3.5 stars

Cat is an author and gets her inspiration through dreams. Unfortunately, she has not been dreaming for a few months and is now blocked. What she doesn’t know is that there is… something out there feeding on her dreams! And he’s feeding on others, as well, but Cat’s dreams are the ones he really wants.

This was good. I liked the real world sections of the book more than the dream sections, but that’s not a surprise to me. Cat didn’t really have friends in the real world, so I enjoyed the sections where she was making friends (though that was more secondary to the story). There were a lot of characters introduced at the very start of the book, so I was afraid I would get them confused, but surprisingly, it was rare to not figure out who we were following in the story fairly quickly – de Lint must have given enough clues to be able to follow easily.

message 2: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments Thanks for the review I've never heard of Charles de Lint. This looks really intriguing.

LibraryCin | 9066 comments He's a Canadian author, mostly urban fantasy. Very prolific, though.

Possibly one of my favourites by him is The Mystery of Grace. There are so many more, but I also really liked Memory and Dream, so maybe take a look at those, as well.

Hope you enjoy!

message 4: by Cora (new)

Cora (corareading) | 1456 comments I have always liked De Lint. His books have an atmosphere to them that I find unique in the genre.

message 5: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments I will thank you again! I've been meaning to read more Canadian authors so this is prefect.

LibraryCin | 9066 comments Magdalena wrote: "I will thank you again! I've been meaning to read more Canadian authors so this is prefect."

Oh, that works out well, then!

message 7: by Moke (new) - added it

Moke Widdershins is in my list by DeLint, but this also sounds good - thanks!

LibraryCin | 9066 comments Moke wrote: "Widdershins is in my list by DeLint, but this also sounds good - thanks!"

Hope you enjoy it, if you give it a try!

"Widdershins" is not one I've read, so I'm sure I'll check out your review when you get to it, as well!