PEACE discussion

Esther

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Aug 15, 2009 09:10AM) (new)

Sharon Ellis | 107 comments Mod
I read with interest how Esther in the Bible "was created for such a time as this." Esther had a very positive effect in her time, and this gave positive consequences for generations.
Have you had an "Esther time" in your life where you know God created you "for such a time as this" to bring positive results to the Kingdom of God?
What was that?
Sharon

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments I think back at small acts by others that have made large impacts on my own life. I try to do that with people I have contact with. I do believe God has brought me to my current relationship in order to care for my children and my husband, and help to build their faith. When I look at the path that led me to my current state, I know that only God could have directed me here. I need to learn more about Esther I'm sure she can teach me something. What is your favorite part of her story?

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the invitation, I am excited and am looking forward to some great discussions.

Yes, I have had several Esther moments, though at the time, I felt like they were Job moments. The Lord, giveth and Lord taketh away. The process, always feel like such. The end results, are/were--He'll restore you double.

I have been blessed, and I can see that is what I am now. I like to inspire as I aspire. I am called to help women who have experience low self esteem and such, due to certain health issues. What is yours Sharon?

Vanessa

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Oh Yippe! I am so happy we have a group starting. I love you all!
Well, one of my Esther moments was that God told me and my husband to go join a small out in the country cowboy church. We obeyed. I mean, cowboys who just fed the cattle came with mud on their boots and stood one foot out the door of the tiny tin building on the Texas plains. Soon God elevated me to Church Secretary. This land was owned by another Baptist church who wanted cowboy church to shut down. But God told me He was working there and I should remember Esther, and be Esther, and go gather a bouquet of flowers and He would tell me when to present the flowers to the 'king'. Hmmm - strange message from our Father, but I obeyed. Now I had to figure out what the bouquet of flowers were? As secretary, I used my new camera to take hundreds of photographs of the sun weathered faces of these very rural farmers and ranchers. They came to church each Sunday waiting to see whose photos would be in the Sunday Bullitin I created as secretary. We had lots of baptisms and people come to Christ.
One day their big meeting showdown with the land owner came and the cowboy pastor had to go meet and give up the land right back to this landowner.
God spoke to me. He said, "The bouquet is the photos of all the people I am saving, all the hearts I am mending. Go give this bouguet to the king now."
Okay! I get it! I obeyed and before the meeting, I just went to this man, he received me, and we sat in his office and I wept as I showed him all the faces of these country people who came to cowboy church but would never go to city church. He wept with me, becaue he was a Pastor. I asked him to let cowboy church stay on his land because God was working there./ No one knew I had seen that Pastor. I never told anyone at cowboy church to this day that I went in like Esther before them to see the man. The big land ownersip meeting came / I was not there / but the end result is that the man allowed cowboy church to stay on that land and
God is still saving lives there on that land.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments I know a few people who have attended a cowboy church. What a wonderful mission to have. God has brought you a long way from how you explained your life at the beginning of your book. Your faith and love fore Him has given you such strength and I'm sure your love touched the landowner's heart. How could he say no. Now he too can be blessed for his service through his church and the cowboy churches good works. What fun, I love your stories... this was a great idea! Thanks for having me.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Sharon, I second that Yippe! A cowboy church wow, that is simply wonderful! It is my first time hearing about it.

Thank you for sharing and thank you for obedience to gather your bouquet of flowers. It was aromatic to our King. He heard your prayers. We are in need of more Kingdome builders such as yourself, for such a time as this.

My favorite part of Esther is when she wanted to know what the king wanted. And of course when she calls for a fast then defying natural laws to get the kings attention. BOY DID SHE GET IT. Changed history and saved a people.

Vanessa

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Vanessa you have an amazing ministry - to help women with low self esteem. I know we all join in praying that the Lord will richly bless you with the Love of the Father to pour out to these women, who so need to know the love of our Father for them each.

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Thank you Sharon! I appreciate your prayers for me and these wonderful women.

The love of the father, can pick any one up and turn them around. I have personally witnessed this and am always humbled by it.

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Vanessa - May God continue to bless you and the lovely women you minister to. Their need is great and love can heal all pain. Thank you for your good works.

message 10: by Sharon (new)

I want to share that "B" has recently had a baby! That makes her an Esther for sure, she was created for such a time as this - to be a Mommy. B will you like to tell us what the "B" stands for? Tell us about the wonderful child! God is walking this out with you! Happiness and Joy to you & please write soon to us!

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Congrats, B! Children are a gift from God.

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments Diana, thank you so much! Your words are appreciated, let God forever be praised.

message 13: by B. (new)

B. | 4 comments Well, the B is for Brandi :) My hubs calls me B and it just kinda stuck. I'm also an Aunt B tee hee hee.

I was never supposed to have children. I had been told over the course of many years and doctors that I wouldn't be able to conceive.

My husband and I recommitted our lives to the Lord in the fall of 2007 and immediately decided we should marry. Because of the upcoming holiday season we planned to be married in January, 2008. We had a beautiful wedding, 25-30 of our closest family and friends. I carried a candle instead of flowers to represent the light of Christ in our lives.

I had to have (another) surgery in May of 2008 for ovarian cysts, a tumor and some endometriosis. For this surgery I decided to switch doctors. This new doctor told my husband and I that he felt we had a chance at conceiving. Admittedly, I didn't believe him, but my husband and I prayed and discussed the possiblity.

At my post op visit 4 weeks after the surgery my doctor told us again that we needed to go home and I needed to take some prenatal vitamins and do a lot of praying....exactly 6 weeks after my surgery we conceived Stella.

She is without a shadow of doubt my miracle baby. God has been so abundant in His blessings for our little family!

message 14: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments I am so touched by this wonderful miracle. Thank you for this beautiful story of God's "Grace".

message 15: by Sharon (new)

How wonderful God is! It is really an honor to us that you share this part of your self, Brandi. I bet you have lots of Aunties here now praying for your beautiful Stella Grace!
I want to stand in line to get a Stalla Grace huggy hug and snuggle!!!
You are a Georgia Peach!

Do you all feel the Power of Healing Grace in this group?
I love all of you and am so glad God has joined us here in friendship.
Let's keep sharing & covering each other!

Brandi, I have two sons and will gladly help with Mommy tips. - yet do know that the Lord will give you His wisdom. Go for the Godly Peace in your heart when you make choices for Stella.
I ask God to Bless your good husband now, too.
:) Sharon

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 37 comments What an awesome praise report, B! You took me to place, where I use to be.

I can identifiy with you as I too suffered from endometriosis. It is serious business, it is quite strange too--- endometriosis, as it can spread to the lungs and other places.

Doctors often states that conceiving a child would be difficult; if not impossible. Sometimes the end results, leading to a hysterectomy.

God is a miracle worker! I say this all the time, our children our gifts from God. I am tearing up, with joy, right now. I share in your miracle gift, B! God be praise today and ever more. I love the name you've selected for her, too.

Blessings,
Vanessa

message 17: by B. (new)

B. | 4 comments Thank you all so much!!! My biggest prayer is that we raise her to always look to the Lord and be faithful in her walk.

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments All things are possible through God.
We will pray for you too B.
You are on the right path and you will show her the way - with God's love. We're here for you if you need a shoulder or a celebration!
God loves you B.

message 19: by Sharon (last edited Aug 29, 2009 08:47PM) (new)

Can we look at Esther again? I mean, the sentence that is attributed to her "For Such A Time As This."
It is said of Esther she was created for such a time as this.
I was reminded of that today by our Lord, and He had me look at the subject of LOVE. Loving as God would have us Love.
What is the condition of our hearts?
I know that the Heart of the Father, through Christ that is our Salvation, is to have us learn the Love of the Father.
The love of the Father comes to us in earth. Christ brings the Heart of the Father to us - we can bring the Heart of the Father to each other in Christ's Love.
We were each created for such a time as this = to bring the Heart of the Father to the chidren of God, and to help with the ministry of bringing the heart of the children of God to the Father.

message 20: by Sharon (new)

Diana Jenkins here in our Group has shown her ability to have God direct her. and His power in her life to seek Him. I think Diana has had some "For Such A Time As This" moments, and just want to encourage you Diana to greatly seek the heart of God.

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana Jenkins | 47 comments Dear Friends in Christ,

Please pray for me to continue to be guided in the right direction, and to understand His Heart.
I'm listening. My heart is ready for His message.

Thank you Sharon for all your prayers and teachings.