Play Book Tag discussion

Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
This topic is about Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
June 2018: Magical Realism > Oranges are Not the Only Fruit/Winterson/3.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments Winterson has a talent for writing in a way that is equal parts frustrating and brilliant. She uses imagery and magical realism in place of making full sense but just enough so that you don't get lost. Reading this book feels like being inside the character's head, in a good way. We evolved with the character and saw her as she saw herself.

The story itself isn't always easy to follow and I wanted to know what happened after it ended. Also, I could have done without the straight-up fantasy blurbs. But that's just my personal preference.

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I read this book a couple years ago and really liked it. I am currently reading another book by this author but I am not enjoying it as much as this one.

message 3: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments I didn’t realise that this fit for magical realism. I might try to get to it this month. I’ve been meaning to read it for ages. I really like her writing.

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments Susie wrote: "I didn’t realise that this fit for magical realism. I might try to get to it this month. I’ve been meaning to read it for ages. I really like her writing."

I'll be honest, it's not the best fit for the genre, if you're looking for something more representative, but it does fit technically.