Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
This topic is about Bitten
Book of the Month > June BOM - Bitten (Otherworld #1)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Here is your book of the month, nominated by Adele, our fearless leader!!! It won over another book by just one vote!! So close!!! Please see the synopsis below and the list of recommended questions to answer. Please post your review if you have read it before and show up how excited you are!!!!

"Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf. And she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her–her temper, her violence–but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person.

So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she’s trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really. "

Below will be a set of questions to help you along with what to talk about the book. Please feel free to complete the questionnaire, or just post what you did or did not like about the book.

Discussion questions you might want to answer... if not just post up your review!

1. What did you like best about this book?

2. What did you like least about this book?

3. What other books did this remind you of?

4. Which characters in the book did you like best?

5. Which characters did you like least?

6. If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast?

7. Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out? I will post a link to quotes already on Goodreads if you want to pick one. Just copy and paste it in the comments. if not find the quote in the book and type it out here.

8. What other books by this author have you read? How did they compare to this book?

message 2: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
OK, I'm not re-reading it but I definitely can comment about it. Do you know they made a series on TV on the series? It was called Bitten. Netflix has it.

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa White (lisam_white) | 5 comments Loved the tv series, haven't read book yet so I'll be reading it this month.

message 4: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

Adele (mooturtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Omg it has a TV series! I only just heard about this in the welcome topic!
I havent seen it yet... but i am going to read the book first! Finally i have an excuse to read it... ive been wanting to read it for a while but i got distracted with other books.
Im starting it on the bus tomorrow... lets hope i dont miss my stop!

message 5: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

1. What did you like best about this book?
It actually ended pretty well, after my struggle through it. At the time I thought I would read on even with the slow start, but never came back
2. 2. What did you like least about this book?
I really didn't like Elena at all and it is hard to like a book when you don't like the main character.

I've been told to skip book 2 which is still Elena and the weres, and go on to book 3 which is the witches. I've thought I would as I have a bunch of these on my shelf.

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodys_gr) This book 4 in a series?!

message 7: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

No Bitten is book #1 of Women of the Otherworld. There are #13 main novels and a bunch of spin off and novellas.

message 8: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

Adele (mooturtil) | 1767 comments Mod
I went away for a holiday and left my book at home :( hopefully the library I'm with has it available!!! I could wait until I get back but where is the adventure in that!

message 9: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodys_gr) Amyiw wrote: "No Bitten is book #1 of Women of the Otherworld. There are #13 main novels and a bunch of spin off and novellas."
Oh okay thank you very much Amyiw.