Great American Read List discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Are You Remembering to Vote?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jun 22, 2018 09:15PM) (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
I have made voting for The Great American Read list books part of my morning routine, via e-mail. I fit it in after I check weather.com for my local forecast and before browsing prowritingaid.com to see if they've posted an essential reading list for June. (They've given a list each month this year by genre with the exception of March.) I think I've only forgotten one day, but I'm doing my best not to.

Are you remembering to vote daily? What are you doing to help remember? Please share!

message 2: by Toni (new)

Toni Gary I set a reminder on my iPhone every day. That’s the only way I remember anything!

message 3: by Lavan, moderator (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
Toni wrote: "I set a reminder on my iPhone every day. That’s the only way I remember anything!"

Good idea!
I think I've only forgotten two days, so far. Once was early on, shortly after PBS's Launch Special aired and the other was a day during my vacation.

message 4: by Tasha (last edited Jul 18, 2018 04:40AM) (new)

Tasha I haven't been at all. Honestly, I'm not sure how committed I am to this list. I am having fun reading with the group and the conversations and that's really what's keeping my interest, especially after learning that the top 100 was really gathered from the top 1700 (or whatever that number was). I'm also hoping to revisit some reads I loved in the past and discovering some new ones. So, for that reasons, I may check out the voting app later today to see what it's all about. :)

message 5: by Toni (new)

Toni Gary I love Wuthering Heights! I’ve already read it twice.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.