English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

New Names in Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 5230 comments Mod
This is a new category that is frequently overlooked. We Have two books that were previously issued under other names. They are 1) The Drowned Girl which will be published December 24, 2018 by Sara Blaedel, which was previously published as Only One Life published July 1, 2012 by Sara Blaedel. 2) The second book is The Silent Women which will be published November 20, 2018 by Sara Blaedel, which was previously published as Call Me Princess in August 15, 2011 by Sara Blaedel. Denmark.

message 2: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 300 comments Really annoying when publishers change the title for different releases 🤨

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jun 05, 2018 05:21PM) (new)

It may not be the same publisher - England vs. U.S.A.

message 4: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Sharon | 2480 comments Mod
This has gone on for decades and is not new. I keep lists of writers I read because of this. Have bought the same book but under a different name before so find this useful. And it applies to writers from anywhere as most publishing is handled by someone different area/country by country. Even English language writers get this treatment published in English but different country! I’ve had the reason given as terms used in English vary by country....etc. This will not change anymore likely than having to always remember what certain items are called one place to another. Trunk / boot of cars. Zucchini / courgette.... Spanner / wrench.....

message 5: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

I need a little help from Finland. Salla Simukka seems to have a new book published in January 7, 2020 called As White as Snow (As Red as Blood) now she has two books published already, but is this just a version so that older people might buy it.

message 6: by Diana (last edited Jun 27, 2018 05:53PM) (new)

Diana | 28 comments Ken wrote: "I need a little help from Finland. Salla Simukka seems to have a new book published in January 7, 2020 called As White as Snow (As Red as Blood) now she has two books published already, but is this..."

Ken, As Red as Blood is the first book in the Snow White Trilogy, White as Snow the 2nd and Black as Ebony (3rd). A "trick" I use to see if 2 titles are the same - check Amazons Look Inside feature and compare the first page or so. But here, I also googled Snow White trilogy - https://snowwhitetrilogy.wordpress.co... to confirm - they are 2 separate books.

message 7: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

We have a new book called A Price for Everything: A Thriller coming out in January 1, 2019 but we already read it in July 2, 2015 called The Girl in the Ice by Lotte & Soren Hammer. Danish.

message 8: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Sharon | 2480 comments Mod
Exciting news, next year the world will get a new stand-alone novel by Greg Iles. CEMETERY ROAD goes on sale in the US on March 19th.
Follow the links below for information in the USA, UK, and Canada.
USA https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062......

message 9: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

I had The Hills Reply by Tarjei Vesaas which was and is to be published 10 December 2019. But it's the same as an existing book called The Boat in the Evening by Tarjei Vesaas which was published 1 August 2014, which was his 3rd nomination for the Nobel Prize. I caught it by using the duplicates in our books.