What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Last To Know (Lakeview, #4)
This topic is about The Last To Know
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction: Main character (book publisher) recently lost her mother to cancer. One day she finds a manuscript on her desk & we (the readers) read the manuscript from her point of view as she's reading it. Its a book within a book. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by IQ (new)

IQ | 2 comments I think its set in both Sydney and/or UK. The main character recently lost her mother to cancer and she is a book publisher. One day she finds a manuscript on her desk and we (the readers) read the manuscript from her point of view as she's reading it. The main character's real life continues throughout the book as well so It's essentially a book within a book.

SPOILER

Later on she finds out her mother's best friend had put it on her desk at work and it was actually her mother who wrote the manuscript. As she continues reading she discovers from the manuscript that her mother had kidnapped her as a child. At the end of the book she goes and meets her real parents.

I read it about 3/4 years ago, bought it from an airport. I really loved the book because of how uniquely it was written and have spent many years trying different methods looking for it with no luck. Would really appreciate nay help!! Thanks in advance!!!

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments The Last To Know by Melissa Hill, maybe?

One reader's comment:
Brooke works for a publisher in Sydney. One day she finds a manuscript on her desk with a sticky note telling her she might be interested in this submission.

message 3: by IQ (new)

IQ | 2 comments Mai wrote: "The Last To Know by Melissa Hill, maybe?

One reader's comment:
Brooke works for a publisher in Sydney. One day she finds a manuscript on her desk with a sticky note telling her she ..."

I just looked it up and it definitely is! Thank you so much!!