Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews discussion

208 views
2018 Monthly Reading > June Reading Prompt: A BOOK FEATURING DIVERSE CHARACTERS

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey (suspensethrill) Hey guys! I apologize for the delay in getting June's reading prompt live. This month we'll each be choosing a book featuring diverse characters off of our TBR. This could be diversity featuring a racial minority, LGBT characters, and so much more, so get creative! As always, please let us know your final thoughts here once you've read the book and feel free to link to your review.


Mackenzie - PhDiva Books (mackenzie_h) | 1 comments I'm reading A Place for Us which is about a Muslim family living in the United States, caught between their traditional customs and western culture. The eldest daughter is marrying for love rather than an arranged marriage. And the youngest son who has been estranged for years returns home for the wedding.


message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra  | 11 comments I am going to read This Is Where It Ends. It is about a school shooting but also has a divers group of students.


message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin My choice for diversity is a little out of the box. I will be reading Dead To The World by Charlaine Harris. Its a book in the True Blood series.


message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey (suspensethrill) Erin wrote: "My choice for diversity is a little out of the box. I will be reading Dead To The World by Charlaine Harris. Its a book in the True Blood series."

Is that book 4 Erin? I think the next one I need to read in the series!


message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Yes its book 4. I'm almost finished reading 3 book.


message 7: by Jenna (last edited Jun 05, 2018 10:24AM) (new)

Jenna (jennalovesjesus) | 5 comments The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang

On my doorstep today from Book Of The Month
Features a female with Aspergers and a biracial love interest
So Excited =)


message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey (suspensethrill) Jenna wrote: "The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang

On my doorstep today from Book Of The Month
Features a female with Aspergers and a biracial love interest
So Excited =)"


I think I may have to read that for my choice as well! My daughter was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years ago and I love the biracial love interest aspect. Thanks for sharing!


message 9: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennalovesjesus) | 5 comments Chelsea wrote: "Jenna wrote: "The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang

On my doorstep today from Book Of The Month
Features a female with Aspergers and a biracial love interest
So Excited =)"

I think I may have t..."


Of course. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. I've just started reading.
And thanks for sharing about your daughter <3


message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie (jehart904) | 4 comments I'm going to try to squeeze in Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer - I'm getting behind on my Pop Sugar challenge, but I'm hoping this summer I'll have some time to get back on track.


message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Berry (jessicaannberry) | 6 comments I'm blanking on a book, but I love that Erin is reading a Sookie Stackhouse book! I think I'm on book 3, so maybe I'll see if the library has it and read it at the pool today! Fun suggestion! You can't get more diverse than the people and creatures of Bon Temps!


message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra  | 11 comments I finished my book This Is Where It Ends. It involves a school shooting and has diverse characters. It was a 3 star read for me.

Here is a link to my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...


message 13: by Fareya (new)

Fareya (booktimistic) | 2 comments I read A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza which is a story about an Indian-American Muslim family trying to embrace their life in America along with preserving their culture, faith and traditions.

I loved it. Here's a link to my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...


message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Berry (jessicaannberry) | 6 comments I just finished Sometimes I Lie, so I am officially reading Club Dead, which is book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse series. The silly, diverse supernatural characters present a nice break from all the thrillers I've been reading


message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin Jessica that's a good book and its a fast read too.


message 16: by L Y N N (new)

L Y N N (book_music_lvr) | 22 comments Two Boys Kissing by David Leviathan
(http://books-n-music.blogspot.com/201...)
This book covered so much more territory than I expected!


ReadAlongWithSue [Catching-Up] (readalongwithsue) Fareya wrote: "I read A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza which is a story about an Indian-American Muslim family trying to embrace their life in America along with preserving their culture, faith and traditio..."

Great review


ReadAlongWithSue [Catching-Up] (readalongwithsue) Debra wrote: "I finished my book This Is Where It Ends. It involves a school shooting and has diverse characters. It was a 3 star read for me.

Here is a link to my review:
https://www.goodreads...."


It was 3 for me too


message 19: by Aida (new)

Aida I m reading, The Namesake: A Novel by Jhumpa Lahiri
A out the immigrant experience, the clash of cultures, the conflicts of assimilation, and, most poignantly, the tangled ties between generations.


message 20: by Aida (new)

Aida I will be reading, The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri which is about the immigrant experience, the clash of cultures, the conflicts of assimilation.


back to top