2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
This topic is about The Sinner
The Sinner > Question H

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 04, 2018 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Maura’s ex-husband, Victor, suddenly shows up in Boston without notice. Were you initially suspicious or did you not know enough about him at the time to judge? When Maura later learned of his ties to Octagon, was she right to assume the worst? What do you think of her decision to let this relationship go, even after it was determined he had nothing to do with the murders?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments No, not suspicious. I thought he sincerely wanted to patch things up. It seemed the right thing at the time. I think I would have assumed the worst if I was in her shoes as well after all he did lie to her. I think it was the right thing to let go of the relationship. It does feel like he would do anything for his work and that is why (with the affair) they split in the first place so nothing is going to change.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I’m so biased against cheaters so my perception is skewed. He shows up out of the blue and so did my suspicions, even more than Maura’s:)

Yeah, Maura went there after she learned about Octagon and she had a right to do so.

I’m still not convinced his motives were pure. Glad she kicked him to the curb. I know once a cheater is not always a cheater but, as you say, nothing’s changed in their circumstances so in time, that eye would rove again.