Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 4?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (last edited Jun 04, 2018 04:49AM) (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2122 comments Mod
Good morning! This week I'm reading Savior by Alison Hendricks, You Never Know and Again by Mary Calmes.

message 2: by Stacey (last edited Jun 07, 2018 11:01PM) (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading Cocktales and enjoying the short stories. Some are...interesting. I don't think it would be to everyone's liking as they are quite sexually explicit but I've already found some new to me authors that I want to explore.

I'm also listening to Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. It's been on my to be read pile for ages and I'm finally getting to it.

Up next...I'm trying a new author you all seem to love and I've bought Lucy Parker's Act Like It.

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading Cocktales and enjoying the short stories. Some are...interesting. I don't think it would be to everyone's liking as they are quite sexually explicit but I've a..."

OMG!!! I LOVE THAT SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! I re-read book 1 and 2 before 3 came out last week! I hope you enjoy them!

message 4: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
Is cocktales the book by the author who thinks she can copyright “cock”?

I’m looking forward to the new Jo Goodman book tomorrow

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I read Karina Bliss''s Resurrection all at once, turning pages as quickly as possible. Now I want to go back and reread all three novels and the novella plus What the Librarian Did. I love the way Bliss takes two stereotypes--the rock-star groupie and the bad-boy, self-destructive rock star and makes them unforgettable, fully human characters in Resurrection. Critically, I'd still give Rise best-of-series status, but I love them all--and I'm generally not a fan of rock-star books.

Next up is another much anticipated ARC--Sarah Maclean's Wicked and the Wallflower.

message 6: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Dls wrote: "Is cocktales the book by the author who thinks she can copyright “cock”?

I’m looking forward to the new Jo Goodman book tomorrow"

No Deb, Cocktales is the collection of a whole bunch of short stories by authors who want to raise funds to fight the stupidity of people who think they can trademark words like cocky! I think 10% of the net proceeds goes to authors that have been directly impacted and 90% to RWA !

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Dls wrote: "Is cocktales the book by the author who thinks she can copyright “cock”?

I’m looking forward to the new Jo Goodman book tomorrow"

No Deb, Cocktales is the collection of a whole bunch ..."

^^^What she said^^^ ;-)

message 8: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
Ah—thanks!

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments so....new drama in Romancelandia... TIFFANY GATE!!! Where an author is page stuffing his books and offering a readers choice of a piece of Tiffany jewellery to buy and review their book on Amazon so its verified instead of through Kindle Unlimited.
I'm not with Kindle Unlimited as I've heard it dubious things about authors getting screwed ... not sure how true it is so I just buy my books through Kindle or printed from the book shop.
Its like a soap opera!

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "so....new drama in Romancelandia... TIFFANY GATE!!! Where an author is page stuffing his books and offering a readers choice of a piece of Tiffany jewellery to buy and review their book on Amazon s..."

Bloody Hell!!

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "so....new drama in Romancelandia... TIFFANY GATE!!! Where an author is page stuffing his books and offering a readers choice of a piece of Tiffany jewellery to buy and review thei..."

I just also read the transcript for the Cocky Gate court case thingy and it was actually rather amusing!! It was like an episode of ally macbeal with the judge talking about male prowess! hahahaha

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "so....new drama in Romancelandia... TIFFANY GATE!!! Where an author is page stuffing his books and offering a readers choice of a piece of Tiffany jeweller..."

I tend to bury my head in the sand when it comes to book world drama. Obviously, I don't want authors to suffer unjustly, but sometimes it's a bit OTT. It's easy to get sucked into it all.

message 13: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I just shake my head at the antics.
xx

message 14: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Since I had a family wedding/vacation last week it took me all week to finish EJ's TOO WILDE TO WED. It was good and I liked it. Today, while catching up on e-mail, regular mail and laundry, I started JAL's THE FIRST TIME AT FIRELIGHT FALLS. I'm having a hard time putting this one down. It was a good decision not to start it last week - I would have been constantly frustrated! LOL I know already it's a keeper and an immediate re-read. Very, very good!

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments I just finished Amanda Weaver's A Duchess in Name which is excellent. Now on to Too Wilde To Wed!

message 16: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments I loved Wilde in Love and am patiently waiting for Too Wilde to Wed from the library. May I also highly recommend The Kiss Quotient, it was amazing. I laughed and I cried and devoured it in a day.

I ordered Cocktales and ha ha I might have to read the court transcript to relive my old Ally McBeal lovin' days :D

message 17: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I'm reading Wrong to Need You