Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Looking for book series recommendations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Jun 04, 2018 02:51AM) (new)

Sarah (vanishedsarah) | 3 comments So, I'm looking for Recommendations for a book series. I'd like the series to be over, so I can read the story start to finish, and preferably less than 10 books. The actual subgenre can be whatever, as long as it has something paranormal about it(fantasy, shifter, vampire, etc ) and its a romance, I also like Dystopia books. Last but not least, I'd like there to be at least one hot 18+ romance scene in each book.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments Allie Beckstrom UF series of 9 books starting with Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk . The romance is slow burn and doesn't start for a few books in though.

Order of the Vampyres PNR series of 4 books starting with Called to Order (The Order of Vampyres, #1) by Lydia Michaels .

Damons Mountains is a collection of 8 standalone series (of under 10 books each) set in the same world with an overarching storyline, typical PNR, but each book is quite short (most are less than 200 pages) so is a quick read. https://www.goodreads.com/series/2168....

message 3: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 5 comments I recently discovered a series by Amelia Hutchins (The Fae Chronicles) that I really like, and the first book in the series is free right now (bonus!) --> Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins

The story starts off with the H as a total d!ck (he's not very likable AT ALL at first), but there is more to him as his character progresses. There are a lot of twists and turns, and when you think you figure something out, there's still something in there that you didn't see coming. The last book is to be released this year, and while the series focuses on the MCs for the whole 6 books, she has written some spin-off books about some of the other characters as well.

I also like the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian (it is similar to JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series). The first book is Kiss of Midnight --> Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

I love Christine Feehan's Dark series. It is a long one, and there are some still being written, but imo, the first ones are her best. Starts with Dark Prince (be sure to get the author's cut version!) Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan . And the 2nd book is even better --> Dark Desire (Dark, #2) by Christine Feehan

Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is a good one --> The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole

Lynsay Sands has a great vampire series --> A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) by Lynsay Sands

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (vanishedsarah) | 3 comments Tysm! Some of them I've read, but I'll have to check the others out :)

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (naggy63) | 16 comments Witches knot series by Lauren Dane; Gardians of Eternity series by Alexandra Ivy; Half-Blood Club series, The Warders series, Sisters of Silverwood by Viola Grace

message 6: by Sela (new)

Sela (selacarsen) | 17 comments A couple of post-apocalyptic/dystopian series:
Megan Crane's Edge of Obsession (The Edge, #1) by Megan Crane 4 novels, plus an anthology of 3 novellas.

Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1) by Kit Rocha by Kit Rocha is a fantastic series, too. The Beyond books are done and it's spun off into Gideon's Riders now.

I also recommend Ilona Andrew's Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews More post-apocalyptic, but with shifters and magic. It's more UF and there's not much sex on the page, but it's a great series. It's not over yet, but there's plenty to keep you busy while you catch up.

She also has her own Edge series that's hotter PNR. On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

You might be interested in the Kingdom series by Marie Hall. Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall There are 11 books in the series, and it's done. It's all fairy tale twists with all kinds of magic and creatures.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (vanishedsarah) | 3 comments Thank you so much, guys! I'm looking forward to diving into these recommendations