2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question P

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Did Tad get off easily? Should he have?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I never saw Tad growing up to be a responsible adult. I think he did get off easily. For that time and place, I expect his family's money bought off the system.

Did we learn Roosevelt's reaction to this case? I've already missed it if it was in the end of the book :(

No, I don’t recall anything mentioned about Roosevelt.

Tad got off easily. Maybe he didn’t intend to kill Snowberger but the coverup was pretty vicious, which ultimately did him in. He’d get major time today.

Phrynne | 605 comments Yes he did not deserve to get off. It was a sign of the times that he did.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments He did get off easily. But I didn't feel too bad about it.

Yeah, I was ambivalent about him. In his circles, he’s already disgraced. And, he lost the girl. Geez, Lilly? Seriously?

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments He got off easily, but from what we've seen of the period so far I'm not at all surprised.

I'm more surprised by Sarah's reaction to Lilly's attempted rape. Lilly wasn't a good person and all, but surely she didn't deserve to be assaulted? Is this the same character that so strongly defended the charity girls?

~ Giulia ~ wrote: "I'm more surprised by Sarah's reaction to Lilly's attempted rape. Lilly wasn't a good person and all, but surely she didn't deserve to be assaulted? Is this the same character that so strongly defended the charity girls?..."

It seemed to be all jumbled up with her betrayal of Tad. Sarah walked in on a mess.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Definitely got off easy due to his social class and family connections. Not fair, but realistic.

There is no indication of Roosevelt's reaction to the resolution of the case.

As to the attempted rape, there is no doubt in my mind that Lilly is herself a rapist - she seduced and manipulated a vulnerable young man. Tad's actions are inexcusable, but Sarah is right that Lilly isn't exactly a victim.