2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question O

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Did you see the bomb in the basement coming? What is the irony that both Van Dyke and Snowberger were trying to ruin each other and ended up dead? Any lessons here?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I didn't see the basement bomb until about when Sarah did.

I don't know how Van Dyke and Snowberger stayed in business together all those years, seething at each other.

Same here, Charlene. In today’s business world, they’d never survive with this kind of behavior. Perhaps if they’d paid more attention to business they wouldn’t have had to shortshrift their employees.

Phrynne | 605 comments I didn’t have a clue - even when Sarah yelled out not to go down to the basement. I had to have it explained to me:) Not my day for being smart!

I was only a minute ahead:)

message 6: by Robin (last edited Jun 27, 2018 04:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments No, I was very surprised when there ended up being a bomb in the basement. I thought they'd investigate the workshop and find remnants of the original bomb which would cinch the case. I didn't expect an exciting ending.

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments I never suspected it. For a moment there I was seriously worried for poor Quentin! (Of course I was worried for Frank too, but there's no way she'd have killed him at this point in the series, so at least I knew he wasn't in life danger :P )

Hahaha! That was my thinking, too.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I only figured it out as Sarah did. I was on the edge of my seat worrying about Frank.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Actually, I figured this out early as well. Van Dyke's desire to give his wife a "gift" was as suspicious as the brandy bottle.