2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question K

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Frank and Sarah worked very closely together to solve this investigation. Did they move their relationship forward? What significance do you place on him being invited by Elizabeth to dine with them? Inviting Sarah to bring Aggie to visit Brian?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I don't know whether their relationship moved forward. Perhaps Frank is more inclined to test the waters than he was at the beginning of the book.

His invitation to bring Aggie to visit Brian could have been simply the desire to help two non-speaking kids to become friends and to help Brian's isolation.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I think Elizabeth is definitely taking Frank's measure. She's heard Sarah mention him a few times and I'm sure she's curious to know about this man and see him in action, so to speak, since his world seems to intrigue Sarah.

And as much as I love Frank, lol, I just don't know that he's attuned enough, evolved enough(?), with emotional stuff for it to occur to him that Brian would benefit from friends at this point. I thought extending the invitation to Aggie was his excuse to get to see Sarah for non-murder investigation reasons. If it's for the kids then it's not courting and thus safe.

Elizabeth definitely knows how Sarah feels about Frank so she’s definitely intrigued and wanting to know more about him. Letting him sit at her table was a huge move and spoke volumes about her willingness to be open minded about Sarah and Frank. In a way, he helped bring her back to them.

Frank inviting Sarah to bring Aggie for a visit was a major step for him. I agree, Veronica, that this was about him having an excuse to see more of Sarah:) Guess he’s abandoning his vow to stay away from her.

Phrynne | 605 comments I thought that inviting Sarah and Aggie to visit was more so he can see Sarah again rather than having a playmate for Brian. I saw it as a definite step forward!

Lol! He was so transparent.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I think Frank has given up his vow to stay away from Sarah. He has met both her mother and father. Neither of them threw him out on his ear. Elizabeth even invited him to eat with them. He's definitely finding a reason for Sarah to come around to his house for a visit.

Every inch counts:)

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments Oh yes, that awkward repetition of her having to bring the child was definitely an invitation for Sarah, and the primary reason he proposed it at all. And Sarah seemed aware of it too :)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Jonetta wrote: "Every inch counts:)"

Definitely!

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments Definitely moving forward but slowly. I liked Frank's encounter with Mr. Decker when Felix asked whether or not Frank was in love with Sarah. I thought Frank's answer spoke volumes especially since someone of his class wanting someone from a higher class would be an impossible thing to achieve.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, there is progression even if it is slight. Frank has accepted that he can't stay away from Sarah and the invite for Aggie is so that he can have a reason to see Sarah.

I agree with Christina that Frank's outburst reflects his frustration at not being able to have Sarah (or at least this is what he believes).