2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question G

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Were you confused about the significance of the bottle of French brandy intended for Snowberger and Van Dyke’s happy mood?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments That early in the story, I had no impression whatsoever. Even toward the end, its significance partly eluded me.

I hadn’t a clue but I tested every supposition against this set up and it only began to make sense near the end.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I agree with you, Charlene. The brandy made no impression on me to start.

Phrynne | 605 comments Agreed. I didn’t understand it until it was explained in the book.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Since everyone said it was out of character for Van Dyke to purchase a gift for Snowberger, I knew something was up. I guessed early that Van Dyke built the bomb and transported it to the office. I assumed he somehow used the bottle of brandy to disguise the bomb.

Excellent, Robin!

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments The bottle was part of my "he accidentally killed himself" theory from early on. I was more confused by his uncharacteristic warmth towards his son until the very end, when the second bomb was discovered.

Good deduction, Giulia! I think his warmth towards Tad had nothing to do with him. He was just so pleased with what he was orchestrating.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I'm with Robin and Giulia, I guessed early on that he accidentally killed himself. His happiness was so out of character that I knew something was up and he wanted to kill Snowberger.