2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
This topic is about Murder on Marble Row
Murder on Marble Row > Question A

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Police Commissioner Teddy Roosevelt specifically requests Frank to investigate Van Dyke’s murder. Do you think this case helps him in the long run with his peers and/or upper brass?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I think it should help him, since a well-off man recommended him specifically to investigate the case. T R was supposed to be interested in police reform, so his personal attention to Frank's work should help him.

With Frank's peers, not so much, it seems from the other police reaction to him being assigned in their territory.

I think you’re right, Charlene on both counts. His peers are already giving him a hard time about Sarah. You know special attention from above won’t go over well. But, I think it helps his career.

Phrynne | 605 comments I think it will help him in the long run and Sarah’s mother seems to be onside now as well which is interesting!

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments Having his work recognized by the top boss should definitely help him. On the other hand, Roosevelt won't be commissioner for much longer, so I suppose in the long run it depends on who takes his place.

That’s a good point. And, it might be problematic for Frank when he leaves, though.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments His fellow officers already resent him and this won't help. This is clear from O'Connor's attitude.

Also, I'm not sure why Felix Decker asked for Frank specifically and it isn't really addressed in the story. My impression was that he is sizing Frank up because of his relationship with Sarah.