The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Gary's Summer Reading Challenge List and Progress

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (last edited Aug 14, 2018 02:43PM) (new)

Gary (plaidchuck) | 10 comments Here's the list! I'm going to add the book and task I'm on and cross off this list as I go.

Into the Great Wide Open– Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open

Get your Grill On - Read a book that features summer recipes or outdoor summer activities

The Colors of Summer – Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover

Made to Kill (Ray Electromatic Mysteries, #1) by Adam Christopher Made to Kill Beach Bum - Read a book that could be considered a “beach read”

Lord of the Flies by William Golding Lord of the Flies Sand Between My Toes - Read a book that takes place in or around a beach/ocean

Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1) by Mira Grant Into the Drowning Deep Ocean Blue – Read a book that takes place out on the water

Hook ‘Em – Read a book that features fishing or fishermen

Sports-a-holic – Read a book that features a popular sport

Campfire Story – Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby One and Done – Read a book that you can finish in one day

Stretch Your Comfort Zone Tasks:

Let’s Get It On – read a book that features falling in or out of love

Take Pride– Read a book written by an LGBTQIA author or that features an LGBTQIA character

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove Read the World -Read a book that takes place in a country, or focuses on a culture, other than your own

Diversify Yourself – Read a book by an author of color

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu Tao Te Ching You Have a Funny Accent – Read a book that was translated from another language

Won’t Be Long – Read a collection of short stories or essays

Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith Life on Mars Poet at Heart – Read a book of poetry

My What Big Teeth You Have – Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairy tale

High Noon – Read a classic or contemporary Western

TBRing It – Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile

Unshelve it – Read a book that’s been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while

Childhood Reboot – Read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson Astrophysics for People in a Hurry Listen to Me – Listen to an Audiobook

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10145 comments Mod
Good luck!!

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary (plaidchuck) | 10 comments Thanks for the great challenge!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10145 comments Mod
Anything to keep voracious readers reading : )

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary (plaidchuck) | 10 comments Slowly but surely moving along! Fell into a bit of a rabbit with some other books but hoping to get back on track by the end of the month!