Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
This topic is about Magic Binds
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Magic Binds [August 4, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
aug 4th

message 2: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Timelord Iain | 17964 comments Mod
in

Tammie | 4370 comments Perfect timing! I just got this from the library.

Bill | 2150 comments I’m in too.

Bill | 2150 comments Started today. Lot of recapping to start.

Tammie | 4370 comments I started last night. The visit with Roman was rather amusing.

Miche | 3175 comments Tammie wrote: "I started last night. The visit with Roman was rather amusing."

He was one of the best characters at this one. I loved every moment he was in it. :)

Bill | 2150 comments Yeah all of his scenes so far have been entertaining

message 10: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Listened to this all day and just finished. I liked this book just not as much as the previous entries. I read the previous 8 books solo so looking forward to hearing everyone’s thought on this.

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Tammie (last edited Aug 07, 2018 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4370 comments I've read the first 100 pages. So far so good. I've been reading this series for a long time, patiently looking forward to each book to be released. For me book 8 wasn't quite as good as the rest of the series. One, the changes took getting used to, two that book dwelt on Kate and Curran's feelings for each other so much it was overdone. And three, I thought there was a lot of filler in that book. After reading book 8 I was so ready for the final showdown between Kate and Roland, and I still feel that way. As much as I adore this series I wish this was the last book. Maybe I'll change my mind after I get to the end of this one and agree that there needs to be another book. So far this one doesn't seem to have the filler problem, and I'm enjoying it a lot, which makes me very happy.

message 12: by Tammie (last edited Aug 12, 2018 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4370 comments I ended up liking this one better than book 8. I agree with you Bill about Kate. (view spoiler).