Goodreads Inspired Read-A-Thon discussion

Tips for the read-a-thon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword (inkismysword) | 45 comments Mod
Hi guys!
In preparation for the two rounds in June, I thought it would be cool if we share our tips to tackle as much as possible in the week.
<3

message 2: by Cyn (new)

Cyn Uh, not sure if this is helpful, but I just pick up one book after another. If I'm not that into one book, I pick up another one that I need in that challenge. I limit myself to 3 or 4 books at a time, and just rotate between those few until I finish one.

Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword (inkismysword) | 45 comments Mod
@Cyn Omg, that's a great idea! As someone who struggles to pick the next read I am gonna definetely try this.

Gabrielle &#x1f5a4;✨ (gabriellejay) | 3 comments Audiobooks are super helpful for getting reading done whilst doing other tasks such as - Homework, Cleaning, Travelling etc. :)

message 5: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 16 comments Mod
I so wish I could be into audiobooks.

I like to set a timer so I can read for a certain amount of time and ignore my phone plus other distractions.

Depending on my mood I’ll set the timer for either 20/30 mins or up to an hour. They usually fly by as well. That’s if the book is any good lol

message 6: by Cyn (new)

Cyn @warda woah, that'd be super helpful - to set a short timer and do nothing but read during that time

message 7: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) | 16 comments Mod
@Cyn it does really help me get through books quicker. Then I allow myself a little break and I’m back to reading again. 😁