The Orion Team. discussion

Blood Ivory: A Simon Ashcroft Novella (Benevolent Series #0.3)
This topic is about Blood Ivory
TARGET DECK > The plight of elephants intricately wrapped into a spy thriller.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bodo Pfündl | 208 comments I had the pleasure to read an ARC of this fascinating story. Maybe Aiden could tell us a bit about how that particularly unique tale came to be?

message 2: by Aiden (new) - added it

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 175 comments Thanks for the question Bodo. Blood Ivory: A Simon Ashcroft Novella came about partially from my travels in East Africa many years ago and seeing elephants in their natural environment, but mostly in response to the rapid demise of elephants in Africa.

The poaching situation in Africa is complex with no easy solutions. The tragedy is that so many people and elephants are dying because of a market in Asia that cares nothing for conservation and human life. I tried to address this complex issue in the novella. Watching a recent documentary really tugged at my heart-strings, so I felt compelled to write it.

Of course, like all my novels, it is an espionage thriller novella with lots of action and adventure.

Bodo Pfündl | 208 comments Of course the story remains true to the genre but what I always appreciate about your writing is t@that you find fresh themes away from the usual tropes.

message 4: by Aiden (new) - added it

Aiden Bailey (aidenlbailey) | 175 comments Bodo wrote: "Of course the story remains true to the genre but what I always appreciate about your writing is t@that you find fresh themes away from the usual tropes."

Thanks for your kind words Bodo.