♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante, #1)
Group Reads > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

A lyrical novel about family and friendship from critically acclaimed author Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.

message 2: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I really hadn't heard much about this book until it was picked for our group read but it sounds really good. Grabbed a copy and hope to finish it for our group read this month. Also counts as a book for our male author challenge.

maria. (thecharacterstudy) This book is everything I want in a book and more. Hope you all have fun reading it! :)

Gackelchen this book was amazing. you'll have such a good time!

message 5: by N (new) - rated it 4 stars

N (nebooks) | 4 comments Alright I admit I may have judged this book by its cover but it was definitely a good choice very different from what I'm used to but an amazing book. Enjoy!

Rachel (nimyue) | 2 comments I loved this one! It had a lot of depth. I really loved the personal and familial development. Just a beautiful book.

Ashly (ashlyh) I just randomly picked this book up from the library today, since its the BOTM, I will definitely read it this month.

Nicky Lamond | 4 comments Out of all the books I've read this year, this is the one that sticks with me. I really enjoyed spending hours and hours with these characters.

Ciera | 10 comments actually read this in my freshman English class this past school year, only book I've read in class I really enjoyed

message 10: by Tracey (last edited Aug 11, 2014 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I wasn't blown away by this book but I still liked it. Dante was definitely my favorite character. I wish the novel had alternating chapters between Ari and Dante.

Ashly (ashlyh) I really enjoyed this book, gave it 4/5 stars. I thought there was going to be Dante POV to. I didn't really get the part where they was saying Aristotle saved Dante because he loved him as a lover. Couldn't he had just saved him because Dante was his friend. But besides that I loved the characters and it was a great ending.

Nicky Lamond | 4 comments Yeah, I agree. In the scene with his parents I thought it would've worked better if the parents were questioning him rather than stating that he was in love with Dante. But, still the most memorable YA book I've read this year :)