The Well-Educated Mind Histories discussion

Utopia
This topic is about Utopia
Utopia by Thomas More > Beginning Utopia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

grllopez ~ with freedom and books (with_freedom_and_books) | 139 comments Mod
It's June 1, and I am beginning Utopia. It's about 200 pages, so I hope to complete it in the month of June.

This is a satire about the perfect society. I cannot wait to dig in, though I understand some people hate this book. I wish I knew why, though maybe I am about to discover the answer, once I begin reading.

Have you read Utopia? If so, what is your overall opinion? Will you reread it? Or if you have not read it, will you join in this month?

Beth I'll probably start next week. Looking forward to it!

Great! : )

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 56 comments Mod
I've read this one already so I can discuss it ........ in between my 12 hour work days ... Yuck! :-P

Cleo wrote: "I've read this one already so I can discuss it ........ in between my 12 hour work days ... Yuck! :-P"

Twelve hour work days? Is this your cooking blog, or something else?

Great Book Study wrote: "Twelve hour work days? Is this your cooking blog, or something else? "

I'm helping a friend who is contracting a renovation. I was initially just supposed to be helping and cleaning but, because of circumstances, I've ended up learning how to frame, jackhammer, insulate, do electrical, drywall, and I am soon to help put up pine on a vaulted ceiling and paint. It's totally out of my comfort zone but it's been so much fun, if exhausting. Needless to say, both blogs are suffering.

WOW! Well, maybe you've gotten into something you never knew you liked, and now you have a new "hobby." Next thing you know, you'll be doing a renovation blog.

Great Book Study wrote: " Next thing you know, you'll be doing a renovation blog."

Now, THAT's funny! ;-)