The Challenge Factory discussion

The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
This topic is about The Beast in Him
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elena & Krissy - The Beast in Him

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5934 comments Mod
Elena & Krissy - The Beast in Him

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Checking in!

Elena | 1382 comments Here ! Sorry!
Ready when you are!

Elena | 1382 comments Started ... Again the same idea that it’s a girl that he knew in his youth ..... i believe that was the same thing in the first two books .

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I hate how they keep referring to them as "wild dogs" or "a bunch of dogs" instead of by their names or anything else. Even if Jess walked into the room it's "a wild dog walked into the room." And it's said as if they are less than.

I remember that was something that annoyed me before. The extreme prejudice between shifters.

Elena | 1382 comments Yup - shifters still stereotype one another and are extremely prejudiced... that was the case between lions and wolves before and now dogs and wolves .... it’s annoying!

Also, now im at a point where Dez (from book 1?) and Sissy Mae (who was supposedly a huge bitch ?! Now they are friends?!?) and another chick are having lunch with Smithy and the lion (lol) and it turns out that Sissy and her gang was harassing and bullying Jess as a kid .... and Sissy is Smithy’s sister! Sooooo he couldn’t stop his sister from bullying his friend ?!?!?! As an alpha male in his pack, you’d think he could have done this .... No?!?

Elena | 1382 comments But - on a different note - why is Jess tearing him a new one?!? They were good friends as kids - why would she now be going out of her way to pretend she doesn’t recognize him, doesn’t remember his name , etc.... She is being super rude to someone who was practically her savior while she was a teen!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Yea, i'm still trying to figure out why she hates him so badly she goes out of her way to belittle him and make him feel like shit every time they are together

Elena | 1382 comments Ew ... im at a part where the bitch-fight (author’s words) broke out ay that banquet after Jessica spat a wet tissue at that chick?!? Ew ! 🤢 🤮

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I've passed that. I'm at karaoke night right now

message 11: by Krissy (last edited Jul 14, 2018 03:48PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I really dislike Sissy. And the next book is her story. I'm not sure she even deserves her own story

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments How's it going?

Elena | 1382 comments Sorryyy ! Weird - didn’t get the notification again !
Finished last night!
Okkkk - maybe this one was a bit better than the first , but still didn’t really like it. She was being a bitch to him for way too long - for no reason ! Then we have the whole “im angry but won’t tell you why” bs ... he’s trying to woo her and court her and she is turning up her nose at him but won’t tell him what she really wants....
And then finally - as a cherry on top - his idiotic parents .... And what’s with his mother and sex talk?!? Eew! And then mother walking in (out) on them having sex before the wedding and none of them really blinking an eye....

Ughhhh yah - Sissy is nasty ! Really don’t understand why she even gets a book?!? How could she ever redeem her awful character!? I mean unless the author completely rewrites her !

Elena | 1382 comments Do you wanna do the werewolf (nocturne falls #2) next?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm down if you are

Elena | 1382 comments Sure ! I can start anytime! But if you wanna wait for August- that’s fine ;)
We can also do Sweet Talk (susan mallory) - i think we were mentioning that series too?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Let's plan both of them for early Aug. Is that good?

Elena | 1382 comments Yup !

Elena | 1382 comments I signed us up ! :)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Yay!