Archive - Additional Reads > Turtles All The Way Down - June 2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lynn | 4197 comments Mod
Voted by members for YA additional read

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Turtles All the Way Down

Sixteen-year-old Aza never intended to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there’s a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together, they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett’s son, Davis. Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student, and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts. In his long-awaited return, John Green, the acclaimed, award-winning author of Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, shares Aza’s story with shattering, unflinching clarity in this brilliant novel of love, resilience, and the power of lifelong friendship

Lauren (lm5590) | 16 comments I just finished reading Turtles All the Way Down a few days ago! I was so overwhelmed by the end that I don't know what to think! Green shares a beautiful message, but at the same time it is heartbreaking to see Aza's character stuck within her own self, struggling to escape her own thoughts.

message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lynn | 4197 comments Mod
I'm hoping to finally get to this in August ..... it kept getting bumped on my tbr, but going to try and make it a priority now.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Robertson | 104 comments Me too. I had it checked out and had to return it. Just too many books to read! I will get to it in August though.