SCPL Teens discussion

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
This topic is about If I Stay
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
November '14 Book of the Month > If you were faced with the choice to stay (live) like Mia Hall has to in "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman , would you? Even though you have lost so many loved ones?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
Try to consider the effect your absence / presence would have on those around you. Is there anything you would find particularly hard about choosing?

message 2: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 12 comments I would ultimately stay, because there are so many opportunities that can be missed out on from your death. Not to mention the heartache it could potentially give your loved ones which would be damaging to their lives and may potentially set them back really far and make them reside in therapy to cope.
But then again, if your life wasn't worth living and you dealt with many hardships (for example bullying, abuse, disabilities etc.) you may not even care to live, so you may just choose to go.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2 comments You only live once. To throw that away in return for nothing is not an option to me. If I lost my family in one fell swoop it would be sad but ultimately we all lose people we love and they would want us to keep living.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.