Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add this book.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Howlett | 117 comments Please add this audiobook to the collection. There is no print version of this one.

* Title: Selected Articles on the Life and Career of Harry Gordon Selfridge
* Author: Various authors; Narrator: Lee Ann Howlett
* ASIN: B00M88ZKHK
* Publisher: Audio Books by Mike Vendetti
* Publication date: 07/30/2014
* Format: audiobook
* Description: Harry Gordon Selfridge (1858-1947) was an American born merchant who built Selfridge’s, a London department store, which opened in 1909. Using his 25 years of experience at Chicago’s Marshall Field and Co., Selfridge initiated the use of American innovations and methods of business in his London store. These articles reflect how Selfridge was viewed by the press in the U.S. and London along with how he was seen by his fellow merchants and tradesmen during the years his store was built and thrived. There are also a number of sections in Selfridge’s own words. He loved publicity and was very interested in the ideas of his competitors, employees, and how business was done in other countries. This collection contains articles and excerpts from newspapers, books, magazines, and trade publications published from 1890-1922. Harry Gordon Selfridge and his store were the basis of the PBS Masterpiece Classic series, “Mr. Selfridge".
* Link to cover: http://leeannhowlett.com/2014/07/30/n...

Thanks!
Lee Ann

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I've added the book here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

However, for anthologies like this, it's nice to have the editor indicated, rather than just the amorphous 'Various' as author. Did you select the articles for this collection? Did the producer, Mike Vendetti?

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Howlett | 117 comments Yes, I did select all of the articles so I guess that would make me the editor. I hadn't thought of that. Mike is my publisher but he works on the technical end -- mastering the files, etc, and getting the book to Audible.

Thanks so much!

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Updated accordingly.

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee Howlett | 117 comments Thanks, Z-squared! Good to know. :)