lil book club discussion

june - 2018 > June Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by liam (new)

liam (loonarmy) | 10 comments Mod
Hey guys! I'll start off by thanking you if you've joined this group (I do think that anyone can see this so I'll assume people who haven't are reading it too).

I'm no tyrant so I'm just going to let you leave your suggestions for our June BOTM. It can be anything you like, but preferably something released over 6 months ago so that less people need go out and buy it/download it.

If you do not want to read anything yet or do not own the chosen book it's no bother. I the case of the latter, just tell me and I'll see if I can organise for a second BOTM to be chosen tailored to your tbr!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (bruyere) Hi Liam. Thanks for the invite! I am a part of too many clubs, but I'm happy to read along when I have time. :)

message 3: by liam (new)

Bruyere wrote: "Hi Liam. Thanks for the invite! I am a part of too many clubs, but I'm happy to read along when I have time. :)"

That's totally cool! Hope you do find the chance and take part in discussions, the more the merrier!

message 4: by liam (new)

Seaghdha wrote: "Hiya I was just looking for a smaller book club to join because big groups are too hectic in my opinion. I just wanted to know what kind of books you want to read? I can read just about anything ho..."

Welcome! I agree, both with hecticness of big groups and genres. I think we can move genre each month, so June we could go contemporary as it's the beginning of summer. And then in July, we could alternate to another genre I'll allow people to vote on, if that sounds good to you?

message 5: by Marlies (new)

Marlies | 1 comments Hey!
I was looking for a small, new group becauwe this is the first group I've joined Goodreads.
I'm looking forward to get to know a few fellow readers. ;)

I read all kinds of genres so I'm good with anything you propose.

message 6: by liam (new)

I suppose I'll nominate something, too: "When Dimple Met Rishi" by Sandhya Menon

message 7: by Gi (new)

Gi Arf (gi_arf) | 1 comments Hi,
This is the first group i've joined goodreads.
I'm gonna love any kinds of genre you propose😊

message 8: by liam (new)

Hey guys! The poll for the June BOTM is up! I realise that suggestions were short, but I promise to allow more time for July's. Please feel free to vote for any book you want!

message 9: by liam (new)

Seaghdha wrote: "Hi guys! So I'm assuming that the June BOTM is going to be Turtles All The Way Down? I'm planning on buying it today 😎"

Yep! I'll create a discussion topic once everyone has confirmed they own the book in some way or another.