UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Positive Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ✿Claire✿ (last edited Jul 30, 2014 03:11PM) (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I was nominated to meet the challenge of posing three positive things on Facebook a day and Patti suggested I start a thread to see if anybody else wants to join in.

So... Here are my first day's positive things:
1) It's been a beautiful day again
2) I've had a lovely relaxing week at home
3) I had a good drive back north.
:)

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments - well, England's doing better at cricket, and
Nope, sorry - it's back to the grumpy thread for me!

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Ummm

1) I discovered I sold a book on Nook last week (but the royalties still aren't showing)
2) the price of petrol went down a penny at tescos (but I filled the car up yesterday)
3) The printer cartridges I ordered arrived in the mail (yay!)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments 1) England are top of the medal table for the Commonwealth games.
2) Which means we're beating Australia
3) No maggots in my food recycling bin so far this week.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments 1. Had an amazing holiday
2. Got to share it with my favourite person.
3. Will be eating sushi and drinking sparkly wine this evening!

message 6: by bbbbb (new)

bbbbb bbbbb | 153 comments 1. Family fit and well, scare with grandson over.
2. New car being delivered this morning
3. My mouth ulcers are healing so I might have marmite on toast for breakfast.

message 7: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments 1. I'm off work until next Wednesday night
2. Off to the Lake District on Friday
3. The sun's out, so more outdoor sculpting today

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9086 comments 1. For the first time in weeks there is nothing I have to do today. Freedom!
2. I have sold 5 paintings in the last fortnight
3. Elder daughter has got a place on her dream trip to Japan

message 9: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments 1. My family (wife and son) are coming home today after a couple of nights looking after a poorly grandma.

2. I solved a writing problem in my head last night. How do I get my main character from point x to point y? Now all I need to do is write it.

3. The builder chappy says that our walls are finally dry after this winter's storms so they can finally redecorate and repair and we don't have to put up with industrial strength dehumidifiers running all night,

message 10: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments 1. (I can beat yours Shaun) I'm off work until 27th May 2015 - and probably longer depending on nursery spaces :o)
2. My unofficial maternity leave starts at 4pm today (it's technically annual leave until 28th)
3. I'm attending a friends wedding tomorrow at the gorgeous chapel on campus

message 11: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments My teenager is about to go on holiday for a week.

So, I get :

Wine
Women
Song

(Two out of three aint bad, I suppose)

message 12: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments I once wrote a drunken blues song about my first wife leaving me - does that qualify as wine women and song?

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21938 comments I think you and the other Will should get together and cut the album :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Will wrote: "My teenager is about to go on holiday for a week.

So, I get :

Wine
Women
Song

(Two out of three aint bad, I suppose)"

Since you have said you can't sing that sounds about right...

message 15: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments I can sing, it's just the rest of the world that doesn't hear it the way that I do.

message 16: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments 1. I have FINALLY found out who my dissertation supervisor is
2. I think I've sorted my mums birthday present out
3. um.... I'll get back to you?

message 17: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments ✿Claire✿ wrote: "I was nominated to meet the challenge of posing three positive things on Facebook a day and Patti suggested I start a thread to see if anybody else wants to join in."

1. anode
2. the right-hand side of the number line
3. X^2

message 18: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments Unless X=0

message 19: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Will wrote: "Unless X=0"

Well I always prefer to look on the bright side.

message 20: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments 1. Got really drunk yesterday and woke without a hangover
2. I'm still on the right side of 50, just.
3. Readers purchased my books on every single day throughout July.

message 21: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments 1. Just back from a lovely day out in Crieff.
2 Still full from lunch so won't need to cook dinner.
3. Read 17 books this month and 12 of them were 5*

message 22: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments David - if we are looking on the bright side, I can say that after a certain significant birthday earlier this month I will now always be on the right side of 50.

message 23: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Of course, the right side has to be the side you're on, whatever it may be :~)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments David wrote: "✿Claire✿ wrote: "I was nominated to meet the challenge of posing three positive things on Facebook a day and Patti suggested I start a thread to see if anybody else wants to join in."

1. anode
2. ..."

Too frigging clever.

message 25: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Day 2 of positives

1) I'm over halfway through my 'homework'
2) I'm nearly ready for my string of shifts at the weekend
3) My new duvet set fits in really well :)

message 26: by ✿Claire✿ (last edited Jul 31, 2014 02:56PM) (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I eventually found out exactly what I'd been nominated for, 7 days listing 3 positives. Struggled a little bit today as losing at Mouse Trap Game isn't really a positive.... And I've not done much today!

I like everyone else's positives :)

message 27: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments 1. My car's aircon isn't busted after all - somehow the heat dial had got turned up!
2. Had a nice evening at the pub with mates
3. The dead power supply on my laptop turned out to be just the fuse :)

message 28: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments ... nope, not got even the one. Maybe I can count not being on Facebook as a positive?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments 1.I've just had a lovely hot bath and I'm nice and clean and relaxed.
2.I'm meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow afternoon so I have something to look forward too.
3.I have ice cream.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments 1. Had an uneventful journey yesterday.
2. I had parcels waiting for me when we got to the flat.
3. I'm pleased we still have one more week of holiday but I'm looking forward to getting home, too.

message 31: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments 1. My friends are coming for lunch.
2. That means I get to make quiche - himself doesn't like it two days on the run!
3. I've got some lovely friends, some of whom I've never met - and that applies every day!

message 32: by Richard (new)

Richard Martinus | 646 comments 1. Just returned from a 4-day break with that rarest of souvenirs from Wales: a tan. (To be precise, a walker’s tan, which is like a farmer’s tan only with a white band across the back of the wrist courtesy of a walking pole strap.)

2. Greeted back home by a healthy crop of beans in the garden, although the lettuces appear to have been demolished again.

3. The council will be deciding within the next week whether to approve our retrospective planning application to replace the old UPVC double glazing with new but otherwise identical UPVC glazing last year. The approval process will thus have taken an impressive less than 2 months.

message 33: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "1. (I can beat yours Shaun) I'm off work until 27th May 2015 - and probably longer depending on nursery spaces :o)"

I envy you the leave, and also the journey you're about to take :)

1. I am about to head to the Lake District
2. On Sunday, I'll meet up with my brother, and I'm running in the Total Warrior race in said Lake District
3. I'm still off work until Wednesday

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I want photos of the race, Shaun!
Have a great time in the Lakes.
I wish I had a garden, cuz I'd love some of your sculptures.
How are you selling them?

message 35: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Too frigging clever."

Not really, I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me over here:

http://davidhadleyauthor.wordpress.co...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You're great, David. :D

I just said to Dave that this thread is really good.

One seems inundated with horrible adverts and news stories here; even if you try to avoid them, you can't.

Threads such as this give us balance, I think.

message 37: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Threads such as this give us balance, I think."

Yep. There is some really nice stuff here.

message 38: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:27AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh, by here I meant the UK, not the group.

For instance, having a pee at the services I was confronted by photos of starving children on the back of the loo door!

Can't even have a guilt free pee.

message 39: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Can't even have a guilt free pee."

Oh, yes. That sort of hard sell and the use of chuggers and so forth has really turned me against the big charities.

message 40: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I signed off one of my candidates so she has completed her award.

I received a lovely bouquet as a thank you from another candidate.

Holly smiled today ;@)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Sarah, I want a photo of Holly smiling!

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21938 comments David wrote: "Patti (baconater) wrote: "Can't even have a guilt free pee."

Oh, yes. That sort of hard sell and the use of chuggers and so forth has really turned me against the big charities."

I just tell chuggers or people who cold call me that I make a point of not giving to charities that use chuggers or cold calling

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments What's a chugger?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh! A charity mugger???

I am so clever!

message 45: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I want photos of the race, Shaun!
Have a great time in the Lakes.
I wish I had a garden, cuz I'd love some of your sculptures.
How are you selling them?"

via etsy. Link on my Facebook page (on my phone at moment). Most of my pieces so far are indoor ornaments

message 46: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Richard wrote: "1. Just returned from a 4-day break with that rarest of souvenirs from Wales: a tan. (To be precise, a walker’s tan, which is like a farmer’s tan only with a white band across the back of the wrist..."

Another reason to be cheerful then - it's not a listed building. My daughter had a right to-do getting permission to replace the 1960's pvc windows with wooden frames in keeping with the period of the cottage! Honestly, you do have to wonder about Listed Building Consent. Which needs to be confined to the Grumpy thread.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Do you ship to Baku?

message 48: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Do you ship to Baku?"

I can add shipping to most places - will check it out when i get home:)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Awesome!

Might be able to sell to a few people there...

message 50: by Justine (new)

Justine 1. Today I conquered an ironing pile that was taller than me
2. I am feeling smug because I had a Chinese takeaway and couldn't finish it
3. Tomorrow I get to watch the Postman Pat Movie
:)

« previous 1 3