What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/fantasy, monster hunting siblings learn that their dad is missing and go on a monster hunting adventure to find him. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Reid | 2 comments Spoilers ahead: I read the book probably between 2005-2010. I remember it being a brother sister team working with their uncle to find their dad. The uncle teaches them how to fight monsters. The illustrations were lifelike photos of the family, monsters they encountered etc. It seemed very vintage-y. I remember there being a giant rabbit monster and a goo/slime monster that terrorized a town and ate kids. If I remember the ending correctly, the uncle turns out to be evil and the dad is trapped in a giant cage dangling over lava in a volcano. In the end, I believe that the uncle gets away. Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 31, 2018 02:43PM) (new)

Kris | 36610 comments Mod
Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith?

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" uncle father missing monsters)

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Reid | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith?

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" uncle father missing monsters)"

It isn't Cryptid Hunters, there were no dinosaurs. Thank you though

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jun 28, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Matt Archer: Monster Hunter or another book in the Matt Archer series by Kendra C. Highley?

This book turned up while searching for a similar request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jun 28, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless by Ahmet Zappa?

Barnes & Noble has an image of an inside page - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mons... There are different cover images for this book.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?