Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2018 > 10.6 Cloud Atlas

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6266 comments Cloud Atlas and The Cloud Atlas both have weather terms in their titles. Read a book with a title including one of these weather words.

Please post any questions or suggestions about task 10.6 in this thread.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2599 comments In case I need this... Are plurals or possessives acceptable? (eg. suns or wind's)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12788 comments Yes, these are fine. We will accept some latitude on the list, but if you're unsure, please ask.

message 4: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2659 comments How about Our Sunshine?

message 5: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 31, 2018 08:08PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12788 comments Tien wrote: "How about Our Sunshine?"

Yes, we'll take that. (I don't know why that isn't on the list! Sometimes we have the forecast: abundant sunshine)

message 6: by Tien (last edited May 31, 2018 08:09PM) (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2659 comments I know right, Sunshine is definitely a 'weather' word

Thank you :)

message 8: by Lalitha (new)

Lalitha (falcon_) | 85 comments Will The Torrents of Spring be considered?

message 9: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6266 comments Rebekah wrote: "would Foggy Mountain Breakdown and Other Stories be acceptable?"

We will accept this one.

message 10: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6266 comments Lalitha wrote: "Will The Torrents of Spring be considered?"

Sorry, this is title does not contain any of the exact words or variations of the words on the list.

message 11: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4485 comments Would chilly work for this task? Chill is on the list

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12788 comments Rebekah wrote: "Would chilly work for this task? Chill is on the list"

Yes, we will accept chilly (but not chili nor chile).

message 13: by Lalitha (new)

Lalitha (falcon_) | 85 comments I have a tricky question. Now the title The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does not refer to "wind" but technically has the word nevertheless. Would it work for this challenge?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12788 comments Lalitha wrote: "I have a tricky question. Now the title The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does not refer to "wind" but technically has the word nevertheless. Would it work for this challenge?"

No, because the word isn't wind with a short i, but wind with a long i. It's a heteronym - one of those funny English words that have two different pronunciations and different meanings.

message 15: by Lalitha (new)

Lalitha (falcon_) | 85 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Lalitha wrote: "I have a tricky question. Now the title The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does not refer to "wind" but technically has the word nevertheless. Would it work for this challenge?..."

Yes, I know :) was just trying my luck. I enjoy word puzzles. I did not know the technical term for such words....wind, tear, minute, wound...