#MaraBooks Read-Along discussion

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer > Chapters 41 - End

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (elizziebooks) | 12 comments Mod
Whoa! Wasn't that a wild ride? What did you think about that ending? Would you want Mara's powers? What did you think of the book overall? Do you think Mara should trust Noah?

message 2: by Shania (new)

Shania THAT ENDING! Oh my goodness, Jude!!! I did not see that one coming!

I definitely wouldn't want Mara's power, that'd be terrifying. I couldn't do that. I do think however that she can trust Noah. He seems so genuine and like it really doesn't phase him what she can do, because he knows she doesn't mean to do it. I think that's why he said if she purposely killed Leon at the end that she'd be a different person.

message 3: by Crissie (new)

Crissie Wood (ctwood09) | 3 comments Ok... so many questions. If Jude was real, was Claire? Why is Rachel the one person she never sees? Does Jude have abilities? Was he the one in the house when the door was left unlocked? Was he why Mara couldn't pull her hand out of the water? The night that Joseph was taken, why were all three of Mara's families cars gone that late at night? What about the pictures switching walls? Or the weird feelings about Mara's grandma's picture? And SO many other questions that I can't remember now at the end of the book, but my GOODNESS I NEED answer. Like why do they have abilities?!

So I can't say I necessarily foresaw Jude being alive, but I thought that someone, if not all 3, was still alive. Honestly I thought maybe Rachel because Mara never saw her. And I thought maybe there is something paranormal about the Lowe siblings.

No way would I want Mara's powers. Noah's maybe, but even that... I mean I thinking healing is a very underestimated ability that is often absent in books and movies cuz it's not "cool," but all that noise =S

As for trusting Noah, I think he's a good guy but I think he has some stuff he's not telling. Which reminds me of another question, who is this Alain character? I don't think he is just some random stranger. I think Noah knows him and I don't think that he just told him that Mara was in highschool in Spanish. Why speak in Spanish if that's all? (Also, how do you pronoun Alain? I want to say like A-lane, but that's a girls name, at least I thought it was just a girls name. Is it just a different spelling of Alan? Now watch I wasted all this time contemplating the pronouncing this guys name and him actually turn out to be no one...)

Lastly, I want to apologize for this rambling post. It is 2 in the morning and I got up at 6am today, or yesterday. I had to finish the book because I HAD to get answers...still have no answers. More questions, but no answers. I need the next book...

message 4: by Spencer (new)

Spencer | 3 comments That was quite the ending. I was not expecting that, I figure it was the Alain guy after seeing him in the restaurant and then the mysterious guy she bumped into at the festival. I wouldn't want Mara's powers because that would just be too much stress, same goes for Noah's powers.

I do think she should trust Noah and that he might be the only person who can balance out her. Sort of like a yin and yang, life and death. I really enjoyed reading this book and I will be buying the next books for the upcoming months.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahcball) After Mara was seeing Jude a lot and the news lady said that they were still looking for Jude's body I had a feeling that he might still be alive, but I did forget about my suspicion later on. I wouldn't want Mara's powers, yes they would come in handy if you really didn't want to see someone ever again but I wouldn't ever want the guilt of killing someone. I trust Noah and I think Mara should too. Overall I gave the book 4.5 stars I loved it I just wish it could have been more creepy! I cannot wait to read The Evolution of Mara Dyer!

message 6: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 1 comments I forgot all about them saying that they couldn't find jude's body. How did his crazy self keep popping up wherever she went, little stalker.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyheartagram) I read this book a few month's ago and I absolutely loved it!! The entire book was just so gripping I could not put it down. I love Mara's powers as well as Noah's but I would not want either of their abilities because I feel it would impact my life in such a negative way that it would just not be worth it. I think Mara should trust Noah, after all he really hasn't done anything wrong...yet. However I am very intrigued by Jude's character. I have this gut feeling that he also has some kind of ability and was possibly testing Mara to see how developed her power was. I think he may prove to be a very good villain for the upcoming books. I just got my copy of the Evolution of Mara Dyer today and I'm stoked to read it!