#MaraBooks Read-Along discussion

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer > Chapters 1 - 20

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (elizziebooks) | 12 comments Mod
Do you think Mara was at fault for the death of her friends?
Why were they in the building if hey new it was unsafe?
What did you think of the dog situation?
Who stole Mara's sketch book?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1.no 2. That part of the book really bother me.3. The dog situation was not really interesting. 4. Anna i
Don't really trust her

message 3: by *facepalm* (new)

*facepalm* (alagaesia) I've read the book back in May, so I cannot really say what I think now, but I remember believing from the start that Mara was not crazy!!!

THe dog situation was one of my favourite parts! You can call me idiot, evil or whatever but I was glad that Mabel's "owner" was killed. He really deserved a slow and painful death, just like Noah said!

And about the sketch book, ok we all know who stole it, and I really liked the the part when Noah says to Anna "My girl is talented". Me: "Shove it girl" xD

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (elizziebooks) | 12 comments Mod
Noah wrote: "I've read the book back in May, so I cannot really say what I think now, but I remember believing from the start that Mara was not crazy!!!

THe dog situation was one of my favourite parts! You ca..."

There is definitely a "there's something else going on here..." vibe in the book aside from the PTSD. Yeah, I can't say that I was in any way heart broken when her owner was found dead. Oh yes, Noah. ^_^

message 5: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 3 comments My eyebrows raised at the part too, where Noah says "My girl is talented", along with the comment about not stealing the "other" sketchbook. LOL!

I had trouble trusting Noah after hearing some of the bad remarks made about him by Jamie and stuff, but he's kinna growing on me now.

I don't think it was Mara's fault for the death of her friends. It almost sounds like it's Claire's to me. I think the lull of any old insane asylum would lure teens to explore. Heck, I would! hehe! But then again sometimes curiosity kills the cat.

As for the dog situation, I'm glad that Mara was able to get Mabel out of that place by calling the animal abuse center. I didn't feel too bad for the owner, but I was tense and worried that Mara would maybe be blamed for it since she imagined him dead, and it came true.

And of course Miss Jealous Anna stole her sketchbook. There always has to be a school bully to add flavor to a story! lol!

message 6: by Shania (new)

Shania 1. I don't think Mara was at fault but I'm really curious about it, especially because of the ouija board saying Mara would be the cause of Rachel's death at the beginning.

2. I really don't know, that situation is strange to me.

3. The dog thing really got to me! As an animal lover, any form of animal abuse makes me mad. I'm so glad she ended up getting the dog away and I hate to say it, but I kinda think the owner got what he deserved in this case.

4. I want to say Anna took the sketchbook, but at the same time I kind of think that'd be too obvious, so I don't really know.

message 7: by Crissie (new)

Crissie Wood (ctwood09) | 3 comments Do you think Mara was at fault for the death of her friends?
- Not intentionally if at all.

Why were they in the building if hey new it was unsafe?
- My obvious answer is because Mara just wanted to fit in and do what her friends wanted to do, and she was afraid they wouldn't want to be her friends if she kept backing out of stuff. However, my spidy-senses are telling me there is something more, something creepy, and something to do with Claire's whole "the ouji board wants YOU to play" bit.

- I don't know yet, but it definitly made me love the characters. Go animal lovers! AND they actually did something about it. Way too many people just say that's horrible but then don't call anyone or do anything. I do have a feeling this going to be more important though then just letting us know Mara and Noah are good people.

- Anna. Saw this coming the moment Mara mentioned she had been drawing Noah.

message 8: by Spencer (new)

Spencer | 3 comments 1. I think she did have something to do with their deaths.

2. I am guessing it was Claire's idea to do it, to try and make Mara a "chicken" for not wanting to do it.

3. I loved the dog situation, I thought it gave her Mara a more humanized aspect and what happened with the owner was well deserved.

4. I am guessing Anna, she is just not a nice character and I don't see this changing.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahcball) Do you think Mara was at fault for the death of her friends?
defiantly no! I am still trying to figure that out but I think Claire is pretty suspicious

Why were they in the building if hey knew it was unsafe?
Teenagers do pretty stupid stuff. Not much more I can say about that.

I loved that scene. As soon as Noah said he was a dog person I was like *hint hint Mara* I was hoping Mara would call the animal abuse center so I am glad she did. I am glad the guy is dead, it is just interesting that he died the way Mara imagined it.

Everyone is saying Anna but I am thinking that is kinda the obvious assumption. I am going to say I think Claire did. I don't think Mara is hallucinating I think she is being haunted. I think Claire is trying to show Mara that she is there.

message 10: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (tinabighead) | 1 comments 1. Something about the story so far makes me think Mara has something to do with their deaths but not like she did it intentionally.

message 11: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Gomez | 3 comments What I still find stange after all this time is that Mara Dyer isn't her real name. I wonder if in the 3rd and final book it we'll find out.

message 12: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Gomez | 3 comments What I like is that there's always something creepy or big in every chapter. It keeps you wanting more.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahcball) Yesenia wrote: "What I still find stange after all this time is that Mara Dyer isn't her real name. I wonder if in the 3rd and final book it we'll find out."
Yeah I didn't even think of that! That will be interesting to see if we find out her real name.