YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Astonishing Color of After
This topic is about The Astonishing Color of After
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan - Restarting September 8th 2018

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85660 comments Mod
Leigh Chen Sanders is absolutely certain about one thing: When her mother died by suicide, she turned into a bird.

Leigh, who is half Asian and half white, travels to Taiwan to meet her maternal grandparents for the first time. There, she is determined to find her mother, the bird. In her search, she winds up chasing after ghosts, uncovering family secrets, and forging a new relationship with her grandparents. And as she grieves, she must try to reconcile the fact that on the same day she kissed her best friend and longtime secret crush, Axel, her mother was taking her own life.

Alternating between real and magic, past and present, friendship and romance, hope and despair, The Astonishing Color of After is a novel about finding oneself through family history, art, grief, and love.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments hey guys!! join us for this buddy read if you want :)

message 3: by Zihan (new)

Zihan (rizareads) Excited to read this soon!

Janor | 540 comments Hey guys! I'd like to join :) Just have to buy the book somewhere real fast.

message 5: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ******************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 8th of September 2018

******************************************************************************************************************************************

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (bookaddict1986) | 2 comments I’d like to join the buddy read for this book. Just have to get it out of the library or buy it.

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48877 comments Mod
Sure!

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments I'll start reading it tomorrow.

message 9: by Maddie (new)

Sounds good! I've still got a few audios to go before I get there.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 66 comments I can start this today!

message 11: by Maddie (new)

I've still got a few more to go.

message 12: by *¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (last edited Sep 10, 2018 06:07AM) (new) - added it

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments I'm not in the mood to read this book. I try to read it but my head is elsewhere.

message 13: by Maddie (new)

Then maybe read something else in the meantime? I'm starting it now, will finish it in a few days.

message 14: by Maddie (new)

6% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Maddie (new)

9% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Maddie (new)

10% (view spoiler)

message 17: by Maddie (new)

20% No idea where this book's going..

message 18: by Maddie (new)

21% (view spoiler)

message 19: by Maddie (new)

So surprised to be doing this, but I'm actually DNFing this book at 26%. I'm finding it so boring, and nothing's happening.